Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

electrical issue

i am having a little electrical issue.
    my battery died 2 weeks ago. I noticed a burnt headlight and flasher bulb on the same side. I changed the bulbs and the battery.

since then, my flasher is still tiking fast, as if i have another short on that same side, but all the bubs light up. Sometimes, it doesn't even flash. it just doesn't turn on. other times, it turns on and stays on; all my lights on that same side become solid lit, no flashing, just lit. i don't even have to have the flasher lever engaged.

My ventilation fan doesn't come on. My AC light lights up, but the AC doesn't come on, since the ventilation doesn't turn on.
    I got p0127 yesterday, engine overheating, at 220F. shut her off immediately and let her cool. So, i guess my radiator fan doesn't come on as well.

Any thoughts? which fuses should i check?

Thanks!

We have great electronics guru somewhere around here. Well I hope they are, because they contributed alot to the forum.

ephatch member
    i'd rly apreciate any help

sounds like you have multiple gremlins.

the over heating issue = i would possibly check the coolant and thermostat.

as far as the wiring = check the fuses under your dash and in your engine bay. not sure exactly which ones to check, but might as well take a look at them all. read the labels on the fuse box and dash and that will help you identify them.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

Could be a longshot, but the flasher relay may be busted.

ephatch member
    i am confident all these issues are related. They started at the same exact time.

i did notice some dark spots on the headlight relay. i am suprized too cause i have a voltage regulator and stabilizer (for whatever they are worth, i would think they would at least prevent current spikes).

i have popped the fusebox in the bay and everything seems alright, i have yet to open the one in the dash.
    ill do this after work.
    thanks!

ephatch member
    any other reason why my ventilation fan and my fad fan would stop working?

let's say it is unrelated to the flasher issue?

ephatch member
    bump? what would make my fan not open electrical-wise?
    i am sure my coolant levels are good and i am sure my thermostat works well.
    i verified all these systems about 8000miles ago.
    my alternator works very well as well.

ephatch member
    ditch the voltage regulator. They are worthless and ever since I installed mine in my ep it started to go through batteries like crazy. Maybe the ep doesent like them or something. My only other input to your problem is probably not allot of help but a while back I was running higher wattage bulbs in my ep (yellow) and when one went out I put a stockie in till i could get another one, and it seemed that my ep didnt like haveing 2 differnet wattage headlights, the lights would fliker on and off, and my signal was fast as well. Maybe the replacement bulb you used didnt match your other headlight. good luck finding your problem.

do you happen to have ebay fogs by any chance? cause I might know why.

ephatch member
    thanks for the answers. I don't have fogs and i'm running the stock healights.

i went to check it out with my mechanic and it seems like a series of issues.

1-for one, my cooling fan is not coming on. We checked it and the motor seems burnt, it's turning at like 1/10th intensity and the hose stays cool. Also my fan relay makes a wird screeching noise when the car turns on, as if it is struggling to operate the fan. so new fan/motor and this issue is solved.

2- my flasher. i changed all the bulbs and they all light up except one, the flasher bulb. we pulled on the harness of that bulb and it lit up normally, flashers stopped ticking fast. hen we slack the harness, the bulb shuts off, the flashers tick fast, and the small orange upper bulb half-lights up. And this small orange upper bulb is the one that starts flashing when the flashers are activated. (wtf) we were preplexed... wires are crossing somewhere...
    after a couple pulls and fiddles, the flasher bulb (bigger orange one) just stopped working all together. (need to pull bumper off and check connections, didnt havetime)

3- my ventilation inside the car still doesn't work, and we haven't even began to tackle the problem.

all these issues started when my battery died and swapped....

no fuses are bunt, under hood or in-dash. Relays seem ok as well.

:director: Work like you are supposed to, stupid Honda... (and i am telling everyone hondas never have problems...)

ephatch member
    I'll grab a multi-meter and get to work. Do you have an alarm. Sometime people do hack jobs. I had one and some wires lost connections. Check ALL the fuses. Not the ones you think is the problem.

I know if one of your left signals don't work, the left side goes fast. Start by replacing or checking if that bulb works by putting it on the other side. If you buy new bulbs or find out it work fine on the other side, its a wire is disconnected somewhere(usually a T-tap or but connector). That open wire causes the fast signal..

For the fan IDK maybe a sensor.

Wow sounds like you have a VW Jetta. Ouch Electrical problems.

This may be a long shot but are you by any chance parking close to a wooded area. Are you keeping peanuts in your car. LOL

Sound like you've been hit by one of these Pat.

No really it happens, just imagine the mess it would cause to your electrical system a few spliced wires.

Follow gut, trade it in and get the S2K. Let it be someone else problem.

Hmm, taking a guess here but do you think your wiring harness to that side or whatever may have been cut into or burnt and several wires are grounding out to each other. I dunno, just a guess since you said its all the same side.

I am having THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS!! A/C off/on blower off/on left side lights sometimes won't work at all then they'll all stay on constant, then blink fast, what the hell is going on? Did you ever figure it out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information