Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    dang.. nice work Chad...

So..... there is a EVO in from of my house....soooooooo, when do you think you can make a mold of my trunk??.... hurmmmmm....

Nice WORK Chad..... that looks bad ass.... I just wish I had that talent...

still looks good the second time around!

wow... I wish some one would sell one of these! I want one, but don't want to make it lol.

great work man! everything looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadySi View Post
    wow... I wish some one would sell one of these! I want one, but don't want to make it lol.

great work man! everything looks great.
    If someone were to sell one it would likely have to be sealed and it would be in a "kit form." Really the toughest part is the fiberglass tub but only due to mess, time, and SAF. (Spouse Approval Factor (it's stinky stuff))

The tub is really the only constant that could be sold honestly because everything else such as height of the wood part, etc is very dependent on the size and shape of the amplifier you are going to squeeze under the false floor, and the driver requirements, in fact I made the board that the tub is mounted to (bottom of the wood part) much larger than needed and ended up cutting it down to where I needed it.

I did not want to waste space at all, the tolerances are very tight, in fact I cut a little trimmage off of the trim panel in the rear of the hatch (there is a lip that holds up the stock cardboard. If the enclosure were sealed as opposed to vented it would be much smaller, the oblong shape is due to the external venting, the "nook" at the top left and bottom right define the edges of the sealed enclosure at .7CuFt, if you were to draw straight down and over from those "nooks" that's where it would be sealed size-wise and no cutting would have had to be done. Also if I did nto have my head up my ass I would have taken that lip into account Hindsight is 20/20, it would still look stock and perform as stock when/if returned to stock.

That whole car can be returned to stock in hours if need-be

Quote Originally Posted by Forevapmp View Post
    So..... there is a EVO in from of my house....soooooooo, when do you think you can make a mold of my trunk??.... hurmmmmm....

Nice WORK Chad..... that looks bad ass.... I just wish I had that talent...
    It's easy, it's paper mache for grown-ups, blue tape, Pam, and a respirator :D

One IMPORTANT thing to remember is the removal of the tub! It has to be "funnel shaped" the top always has to be larger, if you glass into an area that's larger at the bottom it ain't gonna come out

The concept for the enclosure came from a tutorial on K-series.com a guy built one sans the false floor, I wanted it more modular. but the major props go to that cat for the idea!

true.. I would be thinking about a sealed enclosure anyways. so you think just a sub in the spare tire would be ok with a grill over it or something? I don't know much about tuning boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadySi View Post
    true.. I would be thinking about a sealed enclosure anyways. so you think just a sub in the spare tire would be ok with a grill over it or something? I don't know much about tuning boxes.
    You would still need to build it up a bit, the spare is shallow and only gives you a bit less than .3 Cubic Feet.

im by no means a sound guy but that is sick!!!

Über Geek
    Great work, I really enjoyed the read.

Amazing work! I don't think I could handle something like that. :D
    I like the whole streamlined idea, no bulky sub boxes and amp in the way. Super clean!

That looks awesome. I wonder what I would do If I ever got a flat and needed a spare. An hour to get the sub box out of the way to get to the tire makes it unpractical.

DAMN! that antenna is bad ass!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Da90Ls View Post
    That looks awesome. I wonder what I would do If I ever got a flat and needed a spare. An hour to get the sub box out of the way to get to the tire makes it unpractical.
    Better than not having a spare tire.

looks very good and clean...good job Chad!

so I will have to do such a same solution...I'm not happy with the solution now i ve got...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information