Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    New tweeters.....

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/PDF/XT25SC90-04.pdf

So far so good, only got about 25 miles on them though :D
    Made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

I love this idea, I just spent a few hours perusing your build thread, as well as a few other people's. I love the idea of maintaining hatch space as well as the spare tire, so nice job all around. However, I'm just curious if you have to ditch the hatch cover lid (the modesty lid or whatever, for concealing the contents of the hatch when closed) for sound quality reasons. I'd like to leave it in place just to conceal the hatch, but I don't know if that'll have a significant effect on the sound quality. Nice job again!

Does not sound different with or without it to be honest and the numbers/measurements come up the same with and without it. So I still rock mine.

Nice, good to know. Thanks for the quick feedback!

Nice thread here.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    New tweeters.....

So far so good, only got about 25 miles on them though :D
    I took out the sail panels this weekend while attempting to replace the outer weatherstripping on the door.. Noticed that the person who installed my components ended up gluing or using some kind of resin to get my Polk tweeters to stick into the pod. I was thinking of swapping out the component set in the near future..

What'd you end up doing to get them to stay in the pod? I'm a little worried about having to get a new sail panel due to the glue..
    Last edited by introvert; 06-21-2010 at 09:10 AM.

hey chad, how tall did you make the side parts for the box?? I cut mine to about 4" tall, but i feel its a bit to tall and is going to take up too much trunk space when i put the lid on the box and then the false floor ontop.

Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    I took out the sail panels this weekend while attempting to replace the outer weatherstripping on the door.. Noticed that the person who installed my components ended up gluing or using some kind of resin to get my Polk tweeters to stick into the pod. I was thinking of swapping out the component set in the near future..

What'd you end up doing to get them to stay in the pod? I'm a little worried about having to get a new sail panel due to the glue..
    Hot glue, comes out with CAREFUL use of a heat gun, I use a weller princess normally because it concentrates the heat better.

Quote Originally Posted by Valo666 View Post
    hey chad, how tall did you make the side parts for the box?? I cut mine to about 4" tall, but i feel its a bit to tall and is going to take up too much trunk space when i put the lid on the box and then the false floor ontop.
    I'm up about 4 inches, maybe a bit more, with another 5'8 on top of that with the false floor.

*phew*..okay i feel better now. I test fitted the box minus the lid and it looked massive. Now that i see pictures of how you set your floor up i dont feel so bad. I was dreading having to pull everything appart and trim stuff. I should have my box finnished in the next week or two. Should be awesome. Im still debating on running my amp in the trunk or if i wanna run it under my drivers seat. I have just enough room to sneak my amp into the trunk space due to lack of power cable length.

Just thought I'd say I have finally completed my audio overhaul complete with that genius built in sub enclosure in the hatch, and thanks to the original inspiration and all the other good feedback I heard from the folks here I am happy to report the ep3 is now even better than before. The only downside is I can see how all this audio stuff is a slippery slope of improvement, I'm already starting to contemplate the next addition... oh well. But thanks guys!

Speaking of improvements, I'm considering adding some sort of sound absorption to the doors (foam or MLV perhaps) but I'm wondering if it's an all or nothing adventure? As in, if I add a little bit to the doors, will I just notice it coming through the floor, firewall, etc.? I don't want to go on an endless goose chase and rip the whole car apart in the quest for the unattainable silence...

All I did were the doors with CLD tiles on sheet metal at about 25-30 percent coverage and a MLV/CCF barrier curtain. The doors are leaky, loud, and they rattle. What I did was relatively affordable and really tightened things up. traffic noise is less, road/engine noise? Meh.

The EP is never going to be a "quiet car."

Chad is GOD!!!!

Chad, you still using the Neo xt25s? How you like them? Able to cross them low enough for your 2-way?
    Last edited by av8ter; 11-08-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by av8ter View Post
    Chad, you still using the Neo xt25s? How you like them? Able to cross them low enough for your 2-way?
    Hey, there's a name I know!

Yep still using them, like them a lot, they play nice with the sail panels. They are crossed at 3.15/12 dB/oct to the auras in the doors. the image does not pull down at all, it;s suprisingly high honestly. IIMHO the trick is a low distortion mid/bass that plays high enough to not stress the tweet. the tweets WILL play down to 2.5K with no issues.

I didn't follow you here if that is what you were wondering lol. I contacted you before through PMs about a friend looking at EP3s. Well he finally found one so we are starting to plan it out.

I used the full format XT25s in my integra along with my exclusive 7~'' peerless. I did cross them a little bit lower but that was because of the chamber in the full format.

I think I'll have him pick up a pair of these and I'll let him run my Exclusives to get him going.

Also tooling around with throwing a 3-4'' mid/fullrange in the a-pillar. Ever though about a 3-way in your car?

Thanks for the help man. I'm sure we'll be in contact more as his build gets underway.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information