Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Yea, I figure I wont be in there too often either..I have my big CD binders in on the right side, gonna make a floor peice when i get some more spare time. Thanks for the idea/plan on building this type of box chad!. I showed some guys in my class it today, they didnt even notice there was a sub box..lol Now just gotta move the amp and I'll be set.

man ir ead this thing like 5 times already. its so clean. how did you measure the bottom sub enclosure with water? put the sub in a garbage bag and dip it in?
    Last edited by DRP967; 02-05-2009 at 05:06 PM.

The only unknown is the glass part. The top was calculated to meet the desired volume. As for sub displacement. It's a manufacturers specification.
    Last edited by monsterk20; 02-04-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    Made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    I know im hella late, but i just noticed that it says "BOOM HOLE" LOL.

gotta keep the humor rolling when you live in the sticks.
    Made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

It looks like you're grounding the amp on one of those child seat bolts, is that right?

Also, I broke my drivers door trim trying to rip the bottom part out without taking off the seatbelt. From the exterior of the panel it didn't look like it went all the way around the bolt. But anyway, I was told that the seatbelt bolt is some kinda tension-blah-blah one-time only thing, and taking it apart is a big insurance risk if I don't get it fixed at the dealership and get in an accident I might void my insurance, some safety thing, am I hearing wrong? How did you handle it?

I know this is an old thread, but did you have to drill the hole in the wheel well area to run you power? If so do you have any tips. I was running my power cable through the hole for the fog lights because I didn't have fogs. I just installed fogs this weekend and now am in need of a new hole and couldn't get a drill anywhere close enough to drill a new hole. Was thinking a right angle drill, buts any tips would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but did you have to drill the hole in the wheel well area to run you power? If so do you have any tips. I was running my power cable through the hole for the fog lights because I didn't have fogs. I just installed fogs this weekend and now am in need of a new hole and couldn't get a drill anywhere close enough to drill a new hole. Was thinking a right angle drill, buts any tips would be appreciated.
    I drilled an extra hole next to the fog light hole with a 90 degree drill and a unibit. What size power wire are you trying to run?
    Last edited by jeenyusss; 05-04-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    I drilled an extra hole next to the fog light hole with a 90 degree drill and a unibit. What size power wire are you trying to run?
    I'm running a 4 gauge wire. I have a unibit that I was going to use already as well as a grommet, just wasn't sure if a right angle drill would fit in there. Did you drill it from the interior cabin or from the exterior fender side? Looks like I'll be picking up a right angle drill sometime this week. Hopefully there will be some 4th of July sales going on.

You do some nice work. Haven't seen you around much lately.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information