Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Help with installing Buddy club short shifter

how do you install? its hard to get to the bottom of the linkage!
    sow far the but is of and 4 bolts holding the shifter. but the base i can snap it out?
    help
    Last edited by fatathaland; 10-23-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Also waiting for this DIY.....

Man, so many threads gone down the drain =(

Banned
    waiting for a DIY

a member from clubep3.net sent me this DIY in a pm so i thought id post it up to help you out, there is a diagram at the bottom for visual aide

ok your gonna need a ratchet (i used 1/4 but 3/8 is fine), and extention, 8mm socket i believe is the size(have others in case) small flathead screw driver preferably pocket size, have a philips too. ill provide a picture of the whole assembly at the end

1. start by removing the shift knob. it will unscrew off.

2A. carefully (and i stress this alot) pry the plastic dash trim around the boot off. this is where that small screw drive comes into play. carefully pry around the edge till if comes off. disconnect the connector holding the hazard button. then pull the entire peice off the shift lever.

2B. also it is a little more work and time but a safer way. remove the glove box. there are two glove box stops remove those by pushing from the outside they will pop in and remove them. then on the bottom there are two bolts that hold the glove box on remove them and pull glove box out. be sure to hold the glove box because it will fall. then take a ratchet with and 11" extension wraped in a rag and come from behind the platic peice around the shifter and starting at the pass side upper corner and push it out then push below that to get it started. there should be two clips that have been undone and you can pull the remainder of it off by hand. careful not to break them.

3. this will make it a little easier. there will be a small metal bar held on by a few screws. remove the screw and the bar to make a little more room for when removing the shifter. it does help.

4. now once all of the trim is out of the way start by removing the the clips holding the shifter cables on. they come off easy but be careful not to drop them. its not easy to recover them if you do. then remove the cables from the shifter. make sure you remember or mark which side is which.

5. ok still one more step to remove the shifter cables. once the clips and cable are off the top look further down. the cables are connected to the bottom of the shifter mechanism. you will need to rotate them toward the opening then pull it out and you have them free. these can prove to be difficult but they will twist.

6. now with the cables done remove the the 4 bolts holding the shifter to the car and place them aside.

7. now comes the tricky part. removing the entire assembly. really all you can do here is move it around till you get the right angle to pull it out. this is where i spend the most time at. keep at it it will come out. do the same for when but you New BCSS in.

8. now just reverse all the steps above and you have installed you BCSS. if all goes well it will take you between 30min to 1 hour. let me know the day you are gonna do it so i can keep and eye on this place to pm's if you have any questions.

heres a picture of the entire assembly

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9...tercopyvm2.jpg

F#ck that, too hard lol

Not really difficult as you think, it just requires patience (trust me I know, I installed one).

The most annoying part is removing the center console & unhooking the cable guides. It's not difficult, but it's one of those things that might have you cussin. "Why won't you f****** turn!? Turn, you piece of s***!!!"

Etc...

mmm...torque :D

haha...it definitely requires a bit of patience...there was definitely alot of cursing involved along the whole process

the way i took mine out...

i got a BIG flat head screw driver. like the ones thats 1' long. den i put it on the tab, and used the shifter for something to push on, and it should slide out. i tried it with just my hands and stuff, but its two hard. when i buss out the flat head, went like butter

good luck man

bit by the mod bug.. ohdamngetit's Avatar
    doesn't seem too difficult.....

I'll update later on how much I cuss LoL

Quote Originally Posted by ohdamngetit View Post
    doesn't seem too difficult.....

I'll update later on how much I cuss LoL
    It really isn't I had mine in in about 25 min.

A mod worth the money I've heard...way better than Neuspeed's.

If you update us on how much you cuss...might as well take pictures of each step to make this DIY easier!

It wasn't hard when I took it out of my friends ep. The short shifter felt really nice and percise when I was driving the car. It was given to me and I gave it away. : ( Who knew I would end up with a Ep.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownally View Post
    A mod worth the money I've heard...way better than Neuspeed's.

If you update us on how much you cuss...might as well take pictures of each step to make this DIY easier!
    i agree with you 100% that its very very very well worth the money the shifts are not only shorter but crisper..throw on a weighted shift knob like skunk 2 or blox or whatever company you want and its PERFECT!

i cant believe i sat on this for almost a year before i installed it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information