Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    So how do you remove the center console?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by khiemboy View Post
    +1
    take off shift knob (just unscrews)
    push fingers into shift boot and hook your fingers behind it
    pull...should pop right off
    top part, just pull off
    maybe use a screwdriver around the edges to help pry
    essentially both pieces just pull off and then you unplug and electrical components

Quote Originally Posted by BigBurch422 View Post
    top part, just pull off
    Wrong, there is 2 10mm screw holding the top part. You'll need a "ratchet key" for this of just a 10mm key but it's long to unscrew with 1/4 a turn at a time lol. And you DON'T need to remove them completly, just unscrew them a little so you can pull the top part. Don't pull the top piece without loosing them or else you'll break something. Yours probly come off by itself because the guys who removed it last time didn't screw the bolt back and just let it sit on them.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, there is a bracket you need to remove first that hold the top part before even reaching the 10mm screw I was talking about. And there is a bunch of wire attached to this too. Nothing hard to do tho...

And by "Center Console" I think he means the complete black piece of plastic under the shifter, no?

I made a How-To for this in 2008 but it was lost in the crash... I'll try to find it and post it again.

There you are, my complete How To for the BCSS:

How To: BCSS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmage View Post
    Wrong, there is 2 10mm screw holding the top part. You'll need a "ratchet key" for this of just a 10mm key but it's long to unscrew with 1/4 a turn at a time lol. And you DON'T need to remove them completly, just unscrew them a little so you can pull the top part. Don't pull the top piece without loosing them or else you'll break something. Yours probly come off by itself because the guys who removed it last time didn't screw the bolt back and just let it sit on them.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, there is a bracket you need to remove first that hold the top part before even reaching the 10mm screw I was talking about. And there is a bunch of wire attached to this too. Nothing hard to do tho...

And by "Center Console" I think he means the complete black piece of plastic under the shifter, no?

I made a How-To for this in 2008 but it was lost in the crash... I'll try to find it and post it again.
    i took it as meaning the silver center dash, and as far as i remember mine just pops out. i wouldnt think he would be asking about the actual center console where the ebrake is in a thread about a BCSS because that has nothing to do with it lol could be wrong. could have read it wrong. idk...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBurch422 View Post
    i took it as meaning the silver center dash, and as far as i remember mine just pops out. i wouldnt think he would be asking about the actual center console where the ebrake is in a thread about a BCSS because that has nothing to do with it lol could be wrong. could have read it wrong. idk...
    Sry it was nothing against you. I just didnt want anyone to start pulling the top piece without first rekoving what is holding it in place. You should check the pic in my how-to maybe youll remember the screws i was talking about. I just posted it back yesterday.

For the black center console i presumed this because some people said it was easier this way to acces the lock mecanism of the shifter cables :-)

embarrassed to say this but took me like 1hr 45mins lol i couldnt get the center console out. and there was alot of cussing involved. but it was totally worth it shifts like a dream. cant wait to get bushings from corsport :D

might be a little easier but really all you need is that flat head for the shifter cable to twist n turn to come out. the hard part was getting them back on... dnt know why. n please be careful with the two small pins for the shifter cables when putting them on! i lost one to the black abyss

Quote Originally Posted by boricua4life View Post
    might be a little easier but really all you need is that flat head for the shifter cable to twist n turn to come out. the hard part was getting them back on... dnt know why. n please be careful with the two small pins for the shifter cables when putting them on! i lost one to the black abyss
    lol for some reason the easiest part for me was actually get the cables on and off. it took me for ever ffing around with the center console. and i thought i lost one of the bolts for my shifter but it got caught behind something. so pretty much i was really unorganized haha. and those little clips were a bitch to put back on -_-

Quote Originally Posted by khiemboy View Post
    embarrassed to say this but took me like 1hr 45mins lol i couldnt get the center console out. and there was alot of cussing involved. but it was totally worth it shifts like a dream. cant wait to get bushings from corsport :D
    hah! if you were there with me when i was taking mine out!!! kidding. halfway. should let me drive some time P:

Okay well last night I was working on my ep3 that I just bought and I
    Removing the dash and I couldn't figure out hot to remove shift linkage and I don't see any pics on how to so I will today it's very easy it should only take 25 to 30 mins at tops!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information