Close

Just ordered my clutch kit (Got Juicy info on clutch net)

So I just ordered my clutch kit from clutch net. I spoke to Igor and he was cool and stright foward guy. I got an Ep specific Yellow Carbon Fiber disc $135 and Red 2X Pressure Plate Listed price online is $135...Whats funny is the real price is $235 and he said that someone didn't change the price on the website. He was asking if I want it and I told him to cancel my order if its $235. He spoke to his manager or someone and said he could do $155! and he will throw in a clutch alignment tool in for free! I thought I'd let everyone know, maybe someone is looking for a clutch at the moment and should jump on it while the price is still listed for $135. So I spent the total of $340 because shipping to hawaii is a total BS...but all in all I'm stoked and cannot wait till I get it so I can swap in my K24a1. Anyone got this combo on their setup?

I ordered my clutch setup from Igor too!! Awesome guy. Sent me the wrong clutch but resent a new one. I got the 6 puck street clutch with pressure plate and im going with a type s flywheel. I've had the setup for over a year now, but haven't installed it yet... lol

did he sent you the Ep one or a diff. stage clutch? I'm just worried Im gonna receive a totally wrong clutch without knowing it. Can you tell by the looks of it? I'm waiting till I get all my parts so I can do it one session and I don't want it to be "to late" to exchange it.

You can't tell by just looking. You must test fit.

Only heard good things from clutchnet. Ive lost all faith with Clutch companies though. I am changing out my competition unit to go with a less beefy, but still stout OEM unit.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by PAPITUYO326 View Post
    Only heard good things from clutchnet. Ive lost all faith with Clutch companies though. I am changing out my competition unit to go with a less beefy, but still stout OEM unit.
    Dave you had problems with a Competition? Which one sir? I have installed numerous stage 2's and never run into a problem.

Stage 4 6 puck. WPB Ep3 has had almost identical issues. Under load and in gear it tends to slip randomly. During shifting, it also tends to want to spit the gear out. I am going with a CRV clutch on the Ep. Its been retired to daily duty and no track use, so might as well get an oem unit with zeeeeeeroooooooo issues.
    Last edited by PAPITUYO326; 04-25-2008 at 05:02 AM.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by Lost03si View Post
    So I just ordered my clutch kit from clutch net. I spoke to Igor and he was cool and stright foward guy. I got an Ep specific Yellow Carbon Fiber disc $135 and Red 2X Pressure Plate Listed price online is $135...Whats funny is the real price is $235 and he said that someone didn't change the price on the website. He was asking if I want it and I told him to cancel my order if its $235. He spoke to his manager or someone and said he could do $155! and he will throw in a clutch alignment tool in for free! I thought I'd let everyone know, maybe someone is looking for a clutch at the moment and should jump on it while the price is still listed for $135. So I spent the total of $340 because shipping to hawaii is a total BS...but all in all I'm stoked and cannot wait till I get it so I can swap in my K24a1. Anyone got this combo on their setup?
    thats the exact same clutch i ordered from them...fiber carbon disk and red2x pressure plate. its a nice setup.....

Thread Information