Close

View Poll Results: Half Gut or FULL GUT???

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • FULL GUT? (no rear seats, back hatch panel, side plastics or spare tire cover)

40 47.06%
  • Half Gut? ( no rear seats or spare tire cover)

45 52.94%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    half gut that's what i did to my eg6

personally, no gut, but if u have to, half gut.

at least keep a little bit of civility

Im with some of the die hards, go big or go home. If ya gonna start to gut it, leave one seat and the dash..like me and my bros ef that weighs 1460 with me in it lol. The Ep is all original inside..

man i got about a hundred pounds worth of audio :( my car is slow anyways so no use in takin weight off of it

Every damn ricer in my town has gutted their stock civics.

Bunch of damn idiots.

If it's a daily driven car, leave the nice interior in.

If it is a track car ONLY, gut it!!!

i agree if track gut if dd leave it in. girls wont want to get n a car that rattles and you wouldnt be able to but more than one women in it with no back seat.

If youre gonna do it, do it all the way, i would never, cause i love interiors more than exteriors, plus our cars are loud enough, the plastic and carpet is the only real sound deadener

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    i only half gut my car........because i dont feel like taking apart my whole interior to street race...

i need the back seats for the kids (all 3 plus one on way)

full gut..

i will more than likely be doing this soon...long commutes ahead

i feel that possible mpgs might be work the extra noise

Quote Originally Posted by lostep3 View Post
    I voted for half, I really only took my back seats out because no one sits back there anyways. If I raced autoX a lot and had more NA horse power I would do a full.
    GUtting an EP for autox purposes is a pretty terrible idea because you'll get dropped into a very high autox classification where you won't be competitive at all, most likely.

If you're even doing a half-gut on a daily driver; Welcome to RICE TOWN, population, you!

anyone know the weight difference between full gut and half gut?

Quote Originally Posted by ezep3 View Post
    im rocking a half gut right now ( no rear seats) im thinking of going full gut taking out all the plastics but im undecided what do you guys think????
    Umm...why???

Quote Originally Posted by skoo74 View Post
    anyone know the weight difference between full gut and half gut?
    40-50 lbs...maybe.

2004 VBP Civic Si Euroyellowep3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    I would go fully gutted or leave interior 100% stock. Going halfway looks ridiculous, do it or don't do it. Once fully gutted and if funds allowed I would paint the interior with factory Honda paint to match your stock ep3 color (VBP, NHBP, TW, etc.).

When you only have IHE being fully gutted feels great, you take off faster and stop faster. But when you have a 500 hp ep3 and traction is a problem like Weltall, it doesn't really matter if you are gutted or not. Weltall had like 5 people in his car and it still didn't slow him down. So I would say fully gutted for an ALL MOTOR ep3 and full interior for an ep3 that makes 250 horsepower or more.

Something else to think about. If your ep3 is your hobby car then gut it all the way. If it is your family commute car then keep the interior. Also if you want your ep3 to be a showcar then full gut is a must. Nothing looks better than a fully gutted ep3,

Also, resale. When you gut your ep3 resale value will go in the toilet. But if you want the coolest ep3 ever and you are in it to win it, then gut it. If you plan on keeping your ep3 until you die then resale isn't something you worry about. Some people are just in the ep3 game for a quick minute until they have more money then they find another type of car.

When you gut the interior super hard like I did down to the metal the interior gets very loud. It also takes a lot of work to remove the sound deadening material. LOTS! The car will sound squeaky and a modded exhaust might make your ears ring.

It's a big decision. Don't do it if you think you are going to regret it. Jeez, I make it sound so serious, lol.

If you fully got the interior really hard you will have an incredibly hard time getting the car back to stock. Honestly, once all the plastics are removed from the sides, etc., don't plan on putting the car back together... it's a nice idea but it ain't gonna happen. There are like 2,000 pieces of crap that can be removed from the interior. Storing it all would take up a lot of room.
    good input, couldnt have said it better myself. Full interior for me, I want to give people rides when its done lol.
    2004 Honda Civic Si

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information