Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Si757 View Post
    ~UPDATE~ I adjusted a few things on my car, fixed the Idol and fixed the B-Pipe bump on the car, and MAN THAT THING IS QUIET! I hear the motor more then the exhaust, and when you give it gas, its got a clean deep tone, Id work on a sound clip but its beginning to sprinkle out here. Maybe tomorrow.
    yea I was wondering why megan racing said theyr exhaust wasn't that loud and yours was with those few mods. I guess the small things do matter lol why was your idle off?

oh yea, where did you get the b-pipe at? Is the type-s better than ours? Why is the type-s b-pipe not pre-threaded and ours is?

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    the 05-06 type S Midpipe (the b-pipe is what comes down from the header) is 2.25" and has a much deeper resonator.

He is saying that the spring bolts that came with the Megan exhaust werent able to be threaded into the type S midpipe. They are pre-threaded like our stock one, but the pitch pattern might have been different on the Megan axleback supplied bolts.

The Type S exhaust Header, Cat and Midpipe to stock EP3 axleback is a really good mod and a fairly cheap way to upgrade your exhaust to 2- 2.25"

Quote Originally Posted by thechromecoyote View Post
    the 05-06 type S Midpipe (the b-pipe is what comes down from the header) is 2.25" and has a much deeper resonator.

He is saying that the spring bolts that came with the Megan exhaust werent able to be threaded into the type S midpipe. They are pre-threaded like our stock one, but the pitch pattern might have been different on the Megan axleback supplied bolts.

The Type S exhaust Header, Cat and Midpipe to stock EP3 axleback is a really good mod and a fairly cheap way to upgrade your exhaust to 2- 2.25"
    woops. I see. good thing you told me now because I would have bought a type s b-pipe. actually... come to think of it I might get one anyways lol

I'm going to jump on this once I hear a clip of the sound

Quote Originally Posted by Danman281 View Post
    woops. I see. good thing you told me now because I would have bought a type s b-pipe. actually... come to think of it I might get one anyways lol

Well im off work tomorrow but it looks like rain for the next 2 days, But if the rain clears up for a few I might go see what I can do.

Sound Clip!

Its not the best, but its something. I should have taken one from the side, because it sounds WAY better in person.

Click here to watch 03-Si-Megan-Axel-Back

PS: I got the car to go in gear now.

the rsx -s exhaust mod is awesome... you'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by thechromecoyote View Post
    the rsx -s exhaust mod is awesome... you'll love it.
    Where do people get it? I heard it was illegal to change out your existing cat if there are no defects. Plus I bet its pretty expensive buying from Acura

Its not the best, but its something. I should have taken one from the side, because it sounds WAY better in person.

Awesome, thanks for the clip. I'm at school right now so I can't listen to it. glad you fixed up your ride.

just to make sure though, the axle back just bolts up no problem right?

Where do people get it? I heard it was illegal to change out your existing cat if there are no defects. Plus I bet its pretty expensive buying from Acura

Awesome, thanks for the clip. I'm at school right now so I can't listen to it. glad you fixed up your ride.

just to make sure though, the axle back just bolts up no problem right?
    Ya, itll bolt up, but you may have to buy new bolts, it does come with some, but im not sure if theyll fit the EP3 midpipe, I know they didnt fit the pre-drilled holes on the DC5 midpipe. But it will def line up.

Is that flapping noise near idle when the engine is decellerating the camera or does it really make that sound? Because other than that it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Is that flapping noise near idle when the engine is decellerating the camera or does it really make that sound? Because other than that it sounds great.
    It doesnt make that sound in person, Alot of sound clips of exhaust make that noise, but iv never heard it in person.

I personally love how the exhaust sounds. Its a real nice Deep note in 3-5k RPM's (I havnt taken it higher yet) But at crusing speeds its real quiet and does not drone out. And I have a race header.

Ill see if I can get a in car sound clip.

Yeah, sweet. I'll be looking into this muffler after I get their midpipe, looks almost stock and sounds nice and deep :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Yeah, sweet. I'll be looking into this muffler after I get their midpipe, looks almost stock and sounds nice and deep :)
    Its a good quality product aswell. Im thinking about spraying the can part black, but I dunno.

Its a good quality product aswell. Im thinking about spraying the can part black, but I dunno.
    I think that would look even closer to stock, or just let it get really dirty.

Thanks for the info btw.

you can get most of the parts pre-owned from clubRSX.com, try and look for header/Cat/ Midpipe from an 05-06 RSX-S bc its a 2.25" inlet and the cat is higher flowing.

You can buy the header and midpipe new from an acura dealership for a couple extra $$, but a new cat is cost- prohibitive so dont even bother... just go used.

Ya a new cat for either DC5 or EP3 will run you ATLEAST $300 new. ClubRSX people have them for like $80-120 shipped.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information