Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Well, you can run 270's with KPro. I have now for almost a year. The TS is using the OEM ECU for now... and 310's are supposed to give him enough fuel to run. Im just surprised hes running a little lean is all...
    why don't you upgrade to 310cc? are you running lean?

Hey man list your mods real quick. I might have a good tune for you to start with and it also might explain why you are running lean.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Hey man list your mods real quick. I might have a good tune for you to start with and it also might explain why you are running lean.
    K24a1, 310 Injectors, OBX Race Header, DC5 Midpipe, Megan EP3 Axel Back, Injen CAI (RSX-S) Clutchnet Fiber carbon clutch Disc, Clutchnet Red Pressure Plate, EP3 Flywheel, Stock ECU.

Thats it for now.

You said you are running lean is that correct? What kind of a/f numbers are we looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    You said you are running lean is that correct? What kind of a/f numbers are we looking at?
    I dont have a clue, Ima try to get up with dave and hook up Kpro and ill get some info from that and let ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Si757 View Post
    I dont have a clue, Ima try to get up with dave and hook up Kpro and ill get some info from that and let ya know.
    cool man. I ran the k24a1 and stock ecu w/ rsx injectors for quite a few months with no problems....? I didn't have any bolt ons though...

Quote Originally Posted by 04cvcsi View Post
    why don't you upgrade to 310cc? are you running lean?
    Nah man i just dropped in modded 270's. Im far from lean. LOL My 270's were apparently overworked though (for my setup anyways). The TS (Chris) mentioned HIS was lean though.

I think im off Sunday too. Either Sunday or Monday. Ill know for sure after i go into work tomorrow. Either way im off work after 3 tomorrow. I was at a Tides ballgame tonight...

L8

Nah man i just dropped in modded 270's. Im far from lean. LOL My 270's were apparently overworked though (for my setup anyways). The TS (Chris) mentioned HIS was lean though.

I think im off Sunday too. Either Sunday or Monday. Ill know for sure after i go into work tomorrow. Either way im off work after 3 tomorrow. I was at a Tides ballgame tonight...

L8
    OK, sounds good, ill hit you up when ever, tonight I developed a oil leakage problem while working. its just drips, but the whole under body is glazed with motor oil. Im tryna pinpoint if its motor oil or transmission fluid, hard to tell in the dark, so ima have to check on that tomorrow and really clean up the engine and see if I can pinpoint where its leaking. I dont need to blow this motor too due to oil leakage. This has been a pain of little small things. Atleast I got the header to stop hitting and the clutch to work lol.

OK, sounds good, ill hit you up when ever, tonight I developed a oil leakage problem while working. its just drips, but the whole under body is glazed with motor oil. Im tryna pinpoint if its motor oil or transmission fluid, hard to tell in the dark, so ima have to check on that tomorrow and really clean up the engine and see if I can pinpoint where its leaking. I dont need to blow this motor too due to oil leakage. This has been a pain of little small things. Atleast I got the header to stop hitting and the clutch to work lol.

LOL yeah... i had both a rear main seal blow AND the two tranny seals (axle seals, one on each side... like 7$ a piece) go when my tranny decided to spit out the intermediate shaft. It busted the bearing in the bearing support (three bolts that hold it to the back of the block) and when i added throttle, the intermediate shaft would slide out of the tranny and sling tranny fluid everywhere. After that was all fixed, THEN i found the rear main seal leak (had to pull the engine AGAIN). Its hard to tell what was what yanno? Slick (and smelled) like tranny fluid but darker like oil. Its another reason i dont launch the car really hard in 1st or drop it into 2nd. That intermediate shaft aint cheap... its bad enough my stock axle splines are pointed and showing wear.

I doubt you have an oil leak... especially if you didnt remove the oil pan/TCT cover ETC. You prolly just bumped the axle tranny seals when installing the axles and either nicked em up, or bent em just a bit to allow leakage. (Or you forgot to push the driver side axle in till the ring snaps into place... and its allowing leakage. Check for a large gap between the seal and the last lip on the driver side axle... it should be fairly close to it... it will vary with seal depth installation tho...)

LOL yeah... i had both a rear main seal blow AND the two tranny seals (axle seals, one on each side... like 7$ a piece) go when my tranny decided to spit out the intermediate shaft. It busted the bearing in the bearing support (three bolts that hold it to the back of the block) and when i added throttle, the intermediate shaft would slide out of the tranny and sling tranny fluid everywhere. After that was all fixed, THEN i found the rear main seal leak (had to pull the engine AGAIN). Its hard to tell what was what yanno? Slick (and smelled) like tranny fluid but darker like oil. Its another reason i dont launch the car really hard in 1st or drop it into 2nd. That intermediate shaft aint cheap... its bad enough my stock axle splines are pointed and showing wear.

I doubt you have an oil leak... especially if you didnt remove the oil pan/TCT cover ETC. You prolly just bumped the axle tranny seals when installing the axles and either nicked em up, or bent em just a bit to allow leakage. (Or you forgot to push the driver side axle in till the ring snaps into place... and its allowing leakage. Check for a large gap between the seal and the last lip on the driver side axle... it should be fairly close to it... it will vary with seal depth installation tho...)
    Most of the oil or what ever it is... is on the passanger side of the car, if not all of it is. I was thinking maybe timing chain cover leaking? But ima check the drive tran out tomorrow.

It seems to be coming out of the oil pan on the right side of the pan, ima throw some temp liquid gasket in the scemes of where it looks to be coming out of. Im sure when the oil pressure builds up, it spews out of there, well see, worst come to shove, ill drop the pan and seal it off right.

I don't think you mentioned this in this post, but I'm curious if you removed/installed the engine from the top or did you remove/install it from the bottom by removing the crossmember??

Quote Originally Posted by 56chevydan View Post
    I don't think you mentioned this in this post, but I'm curious if you removed/installed the engine from the top or did you remove/install it from the bottom by removing the crossmember??
    I removed and installed the motor and transmission from the top. To much of a pain to do it all from droping it.

Can't wait for mines to go in. I just got in my clutch/PP for clutchnet a few days ago and it looks fricken nice. Now I just got to order misc parts like plugs,belt and other little crap

It seems to be coming out of the oil pan on the right side of the pan, ima throw some temp liquid gasket in the scemes of where it looks to be coming out of. Im sure when the oil pressure builds up, it spews out of there, well see, worst come to shove, ill drop the pan and seal it off right.
    I really reccomend pulling the pan. The sealant wont want to stick too good since there is oil up in the "seal" between the pan and block.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information