Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Probably a front seal going bad. The oil gets flung onto the pan and front cover. Look under the crank pulley and feel if there is any oily deposits behind the pulley.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    Probably a front seal going bad. The oil gets flung onto the pan and front cover. Look under the crank pulley and feel if there is any oily deposits behind the pulley.
    Front seal, where is this exactly?

Please tell me its not behind the crank pully. I really dont want to mess with that.
    Last edited by 03Si757; 05-04-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Si757 View Post
    Front seal, where is this exactly?

Please tell me its not behind the crank pully. I really dont want to mess with that.
    Yep, the crank pully has to come off... the seal is right behind it in the timing chain cover...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Yep, the crank pully has to come off... the seal is right behind it in the timing chain cover...
    God I hope thats not what it is. Just got my oil pan back on, ill see if it fixes the problem.

Is it on the outside or inside of the timing chain cover? God im hoping i dont have to take the chain cover off.
    Last edited by 03Si757; 05-04-2008 at 02:27 PM.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to pull the cover. I almost had to change one not long ago and after pulling the pulley off it looked very easy to change if you can get the old one out easily. Getting that pulley off is the big fucking problem though. You can either use a special socket that fits the groove around the bolt($60)...Or you can use a chain wrench with a thick towel or shirt between it and the pulley.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to pull the cover. I almost had to change one not long ago and after pulling the pulley off it looked very easy to change if you can get the old one out easily. Getting that pulley off is the big fucking problem though. You can either use a special socket that fits the groove around the bolt($60)...Or you can use a chain wrench with a thick towel or shirt between it and the pulley.
    Here is a cheap Crank pulley tool. My friend has it and works wonders. $24.99
    http://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-64879...9977737&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Lost03si View Post
    Here is a cheap Crank pulley tool. My friend has it and works wonders. $24.99
    http://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-64879...9977737&sr=8-1
    Hell yeah! that is the socket I was talking about. 24.99!!!Sweet! I'm gonna buy 10.lol.jk

Hell yeah! that is the socket I was talking about. 24.99!!!Sweet! I'm gonna buy 10.lol.jk
    I think ill just rent one, I dont plan on doing this more then once, well I hope I wont have to.

Now that I got all other issues fixed for now, 1 issue is still left, my CEL is still on for running to lean, is there something I should check or adjust?

As much as I would like to have KPro, I cannot afford right now so thats out the window.
    Last edited by 03Si757; 05-11-2008 at 11:17 PM.

Now that I got all other issues fixed for now, 1 issue is still left, my CEL is still on for running to lean, is there something I should check or adjust?

As much as I would like to have KPro, I cannot afford right now so thats out the window.
    Without kpro there is nothing you can do. You need to drive it very easy untill you can get kpro. I could always take off your bolt ons and then you wouldn't run lean.lol.

Without kpro there is nothing you can do. You need to drive it very easy untill you can get kpro. I could always take off your bolt ons and then you wouldn't run lean.lol.
    I was thinking it may just be the defouler not working for me? Or maybe I have a o2 thats fryed due to my recent experience?

I was thinking it may just be the defouler not working for me? Or maybe I have a o2 thats fryed due to my recent experience?
    Well its not the defouler cuz it would not give you a lean code. It could be the 02 going out...?

I really cant afford $900+ right now, but a local shop that I found on Hondata website does the Hondata installs (KPro and Reflash) Would a Reflash work for now?

I really cant afford $900+ right now, but a local shop that I found on Hondata website does the Hondata installs (KPro and Reflash) Would a Reflash work for now?
    It might make it worse...I don't know sir.

It might make it worse...I don't know sir.
    Well, called the shop and talked to the tech that does the installs on KPro and he actually said he can hook me up with a deal, I gotta get a full dyno tune session with the Kpro and hell do it for $1100 flat. All this in 1 day aswell. I CAN afford it, but i really dont want to pay that much, but Iv been reading that running lean is very harmfull to the piston heads, so I need to get this fixed before something major happends and im swaping the motor again.
    Last edited by 03Si757; 05-12-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information