Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sucess comes in cans Yo_KyleEP3's Avatar
    ^ awee man i was hopeing it would improve something its still got the bling factor FTW

Sucess comes in cans Yo_KyleEP3's Avatar
    one more thing why is it so expensive on other sites? ie showstoppers and other places?

Angry

Just got my strut bar today via fedex. The bar is sweet except that they included the wrong bolts. It's suppose to have 120mm bolts which goes all the way through both bars and the mount but mine came with 2 15mm bolts. They are the right size but about 5inches too short.

I sent clubrsx an email about this. We shall see what kind of customer support the have.

In the meantime I think I will just go to the local hardware store and get the corrent lenght bolts. Does anyone know if titanium requires special bolts made out of titanium or if I can just get some good SS bolts for it?

Quote Originally Posted by SyckSiR View Post
    edfc units are tiny, u'll be fine. fyi, this bar is basically just for show, theres no diff in handling whatsoever. have had one for 2 years
    did you lift your car when you put on the front strut bar? it's recommended to unload the weight off your front struts and then putting on your FSB. otherwise, your FSB is just for bling

gawd, that DC sports FSB is so tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by tdman77 View Post
    Just got my strut bar today via fedex. The bar is sweet except that they included the wrong bolts. It's suppose to have 120mm bolts which goes all the way through both bars and the mount but mine came with 2 15mm bolts. They are the right size but about 5inches too short.

I sent clubrsx an email about this. We shall see what kind of customer support the have.

In the meantime I think I will just go to the local hardware store and get the corrent lenght bolts. Does anyone know if titanium requires special bolts made out of titanium or if I can just get some good SS bolts for it?

One of my bolts sheared off and I was SOL. I went to Home Depot for some SS stuff and problem solved. I actually think they were more like 3.5 or 4" bolts though.
    I would just spend the $1-2 and get those. Let them send some but don't get your hopes up or waste your time and effort when there is something readily available down the street for cheap.
    Make sure to get lock washers and nuts too or use the locking nuts that came with the short bolts. Regular nuts will work themselves loose.

...also, there is a noticeable difference in handling with the bar. It may be a little for show but it does make the front end more rigid. Feels like it has more weight in front so steering is more deliberate if that makes sense.
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjames View Post

...also, there is a noticeable difference in handling with the bar. It may be a little for show but it does make the front end more rigid. Feels like it has more weight in front so steering is more deliberate if that makes sense.
    I agree 100%, for those unbelievers drive around on the roads up here in Michigan a while.

Hmm...when installing, is there any other modifications or removal of the AC lines to have this fit? just wondering...I might get myself one too...

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    Hmm...when installing, is there any other modifications or removal of the AC lines to have this fit? just wondering...I might get myself one too...
    if i remember correctly, you'll have to undo the ac line so you can get the bracket underneath it. it is a very tight fit.

you wont have to do any extra modifications.

I didn't have to remove anything to get the brackets to fit. If you have a torque damper you may need to modify your ETD bracket to fit though.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Pizza View Post
    I didn't have to remove anything to get the brackets to fit. If you have a torque damper you may need to modify your ETD bracket to fit though.
    Darn...I have a Spoon ETD...

Nothing to remove. I installed mine in a parking lot one morning before work while my car was warming up.
    The AC line on the passenger side of the engine needs to be pushed a little to slide the bolt in but that's it.
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

i cant aafford one right now, but would it fit over top of the revhard hard t3/t4 top mount?

Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post
    i cant aafford one right now, but would it fit over top of the revhard hard t3/t4 top mount?
    Yeah it should fit fine, only issue I've had with it is you have to remove the bar everytime you want to check your plugs. Not enough room to pull the coilpacks out.

I ordered one as well. I also have the ingalls ETD, so I'll post up a pic of it installed when I get it in the next day or two.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information