Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I ordered one and it came with the wrong length bolts. I tried calling the number on the instructions but was told they no longer support DC Sports products through AEM because they were sold to Pilot. I called Pilot and left a message with their tech support yesterday and haven't received a call back yet. In the mean time I called all the hardware stores in the area an nobody has a M8x1.25 pitchx120mm bolt. So I ordered some from McMaster online. Oh well.

hmm guess i hafta get one? ha

2008 Mercedes C350
    Quote Originally Posted by matdbom View Post
    hmm guess i hafta get one? ha
    lower that bish first!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    I ordered one and it came with the wrong length bolts. I tried calling the number on the instructions but was told they no longer support DC Sports products through AEM because they were sold to Pilot. I called Pilot and left a message with their tech support yesterday and haven't received a call back yet. In the mean time I called all the hardware stores in the area an nobody has a M8x1.25 pitchx120mm bolt. So I ordered some from McMaster online. Oh well.

i hope mine come w/ the correct length
    did you tell CRSX about it? if you didn't get it from them, then nvm

Quote Originally Posted by 04cvcsi View Post

i hope mine come w/ the correct length
    did you tell CRSX about it? if you didn't get it from them, then nvm
    Hope the same thing for me. I should have it tomorrow to know. Makes you wondering if they are all like this maybe that is the reason for the huge price decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by siver-SI View Post
    Hope the same thing for me. I should have it tomorrow to know. Makes you wondering if they are all like this maybe that is the reason for the huge price decrease.
    i doubt it
    i'm pretty sure they're just way overstocked

those bolts shouldn't cost more to replace than the profits they're losing. if the reason you're saying their prices decreased, i would just replace all the bolts and keep the prices around $400

I bet you are right just came to mind

Well my bolts came in today and I went out to install it. Biggest pain in the AS* every, lol. Make sure you have a universal joint before you begin, you will need it to re-tighten the strut tower bolts after you have the bar installed. I didn't have one, made it near impossible to get it aligned and re-tightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    Well my bolts came in today and I went out to install it. Biggest pain in the AS* every, lol. Make sure you have a universal joint before you begin, you will need it to re-tighten the strut tower bolts after you have the bar installed. I didn't have one, made it near impossible to get it aligned and re-tightened.
    joints are bad

I got my new bar the other day and just like just about everyone else I've talked to it came with the wrong bolts. I set it down next to my old one and there is a few slight differences. The quality is a bit down from the originals but overall it's still very pretty.

bit by the mod bug.. ohdamngetit's Avatar
    could someone post a pic of the wrong bolts that come with the strut? and the correct bolts that are needed? I wanna jump on this but dont want to run into a headache. Thanks!

Sucess comes in cans Yo_KyleEP3's Avatar
    mine came with the wrong size bolts but a trip to homedepot fixed all it IMO its worth the 125 its basically a steam price drop from 400+ ftw

Mine came with the wrong bolts as well. It's simple. Take the 20mm that come with the package and go to Lowes and get something close to 120mm and get the new nuts is you get standard size like I did. I think i had to get like 5"x5/16" or something.

The Art of Shaving Panathrasher's Avatar
    Mine came with the wrong bolts just like everyone elses. Go to the nearest CarQuest and they should have the correct size bolts, that's where I got mine. $2.00 out of pocket for $375.00 price drop is a win in my book.

Please post pixs of the wrong bolts and right bolts...also please someone post a diy...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information