Close

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Well I got lucky I got the correct bolts. :)

I can not belive how light that bar is. I can not wait to install it this weekend.

just got mine in today during lunch... damn this thing is light weight!!! looks soo good under the hood too... took a whole 10min to install... lol... front end seems to be that much stiffer too in making turns... me likey!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by civiCholo View Post
    just got mine in today during lunch... damn this thing is light weight!!! looks soo good under the hood too... took a whole 10min to install... lol... front end seems to be that much stiffer too in making turns... me likey!!! :D
    How fun was it tightening the back bolt by the ac lines after getting the bar installed, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    How fun was it tightening the back bolt by the ac lines after getting the bar installed, lol.
    really wasn't too bad... although, they did send two different sized bolts... don't know if that's possible, but i know one socket fit one but not the other...

Quote Originally Posted by civiCholo View Post
    really wasn't too bad... although, they did send two different sized bolts... don't know if that's possible, but i know one socket fit one but not the other...
    Post pixs?...

quote from CEP3 about bolt sizes...

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    ^^ sorry but not much we can do since DC sports screwed up on that....from what i hear its hit and miss, but i do appreciate everyone's purchase

I wonder if the people fretting over these bolts and installing this bar have trouble putting on their pants in the mornings.

Well did my install last night it looks great. It did feel good in the turns but at the same time I did an upgrade to an engine dampaner and HP+ brakes with power slot rotors. So I am not sure all that I am feeling all what is doing. I can enter the turns so much better with the brakes and engine dampaner makes the throttle feel so much better.

Some pics of the install.

If you are wondering about the K24 there should be more then enough room.

I got the correct bolts so got lucky. I hope this helps out anyone that is thinking about getting this.

all you need to do is look at the mounting brackets. those things are soooo flimsy....this bar seriously does nothing but create a lil eye candy in the engine bay.....i should know, have had it for three years....car doesnt feel any different if i take it off.

Quote Originally Posted by SyckSiR View Post
    all you need to do is look at the mounting brackets. those things are soooo flimsy....this bar seriously does nothing but create a lil eye candy in the engine bay.....i should know, have had it for three years....car doesnt feel any different if i take it off.

I was thinking the same thing till I got it bolted up and it went very riged. I am just wondering how many that installed this bar did it with their EP off the ground? I installed it with my EP off all 4's and when got it back on the ground everthing seemed to teighten up more. The bar felt more solid to me when I pulled in it then when I did it with the weight off the EP.

i also had mine for about 3 years. i noticed a difference right after the install on certain corners. but after driving it for so long, i got use to the feeling and totally forgot it was there. ended up selling it and getting a different strut bar. same difference.

Siver-Si, can you post a closer pix of where your etd bracket and strut bar meets? I want to see if it would clear mine since I have the spoon etd....
    Last edited by T_Virus; 05-12-2008 at 02:56 PM.

I've been driving around with strut bar for a few days and love it. Great purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    Silver Si, can you post a closer pix of the etd bracket and strut bar? I want to see if it would clear mine since I have the spoon etd....
    Lucky you I just bought a new 8.1mp camera yesterday and I wanted to use it. So these are some of my first shots with it. I had to grind down the lip in the bracket since the bar over hung a little. I only had to do it on the one side.

And just a nice shot the engine.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information