Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    wtf really!?
    someone help!

Just picked up a k24a4 last week, dropping it in my 05 si after the hurricane passes through. Not sure though, can i just use the k24a4 intake mani and tb? id like to not do the drill/tap procedure thats necessary if i want to retain my a3 intake manifold if i can help it. Also, will my existing a3 starter work? The k24a4 swap i picked up did not have a starter...

got the swap in, but its running very rich. No CELs other than a flashing one during test drive. So rich that the cat is glowing orange. K24a4 with ep3 ecu, rsx-s 310cc injectors, k24a4 intake mani and tb, no bolt ons other than intake pipe/filter. Idle was a little rough, switched back to stock 270cc injectors and that smoothed out the idle some, but still running rich and bogging real bad under medium/heavy throttle. Any ideas as to why id be dumping fuel?

doesnt that glowing mean a clogged bad catalityc converter?

your cat can be clogged, did you put new spark plugs in? The most common reason would be a bad spark plug or bad coil pack. If the spark doesn't work, there is no combustion in that cylinder and the raw unburned fuel goes out the exhaust pipe.

Also are you running a basemap or someone elses tune? that could be the reason also

plugs are brand new, coil pack was my exisiting ep3 coils that were good before swap as was my cat, and ecu is stock ep3 no hondata or any other tuning. I got another set of coils i can swap out tomorrow if we dont come up with anything else but we didnt think it was that because all 4 wouldnt go bad at the same time would they? Also, after switching back to thte stock 270cc injectors, the cat no longer glowed, but we were STILL dumping fuel, just not quite as much. Still bogs/stumbles the same way with either set of injectors.
    Last edited by jdmsijdm; 10-17-2011 at 09:15 PM.

I am going to say it has to be something with the computer because you are dumping fuel and the ecu is what tells the car how much fuel to give

could a problem with the evap system possibly be telling the ecu to throw more fuel at the situation? After doing some reading and looking over a few service manuals im pretty sure i need to fix a couple things related to how i rigged up the evap solenoid sensor on the TB.

turns out the map sensor was bad. pulled the a4 unit out, threw my old a3 one in, and it runs PERFECT.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmsijdm View Post
    turns out the map sensor was bad. pulled the a4 unit out, threw my old a3 one in, and it runs PERFECT.
    How hard was the swap to perform?

searched for answers, but couldn't find one. If i sawp in a K24A4 into a 02 SI (weird smaller sway bar), could I use my OEM exhaust manifold? Or do I need to buy a header regardless?? I need a new motor and I'm on a budget so I don't want to have to buy a new header.

bump...i need to do something soon and im debating on if i wanna go with another A3 or a K24A4 and want to figure out what I will need for sure for the A4 swap. No one knows??

WHat is the lower radiator hose for this swap??

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information