Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Emission test this week

Hey guys

Im sorry for a newbie question, but im trying to help my friend out. He has a a2 ep with a rh and his emission is up. Hes going tomorrow or tuesday. My question is, what does he need to do in k pro to make sure he passes?? Mods are a2 swap i/rh/e k pro and obd2 turned off. Any info would be great, he's really worried.

thanx again
    Last edited by magmagik 1; 04-27-2008 at 09:39 AM.

With OBDII disabled he will not pass. If he had a HF cat installed he might pass(depends on how the laws are in IL for emissions testing) But I have heard some guys from IL had a difficult time. Hopefully someone from there who has been through it, will post up.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Ok soooo enable obd2 and good to go???

ephatch member
    only good to go if he has a defouler that is working. I for one have a defouler on that is not working and I'm pretty sure that's why I have had a check engine light for the last 3 months. I had a testpipe on for my last emissions test, but I put the case to my cat over the pipe and the defouler was working at that time so i passed.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    i thought there was something in kpro that u can disable so u can pass emissions. how do all those california guys pass with a RH then?

subscribed since i live in IL as well, OP if you could share the details as to what happened and if your buddy passed emissions and how

in Tennessee they take a little stick with a mirror on it to see if you're catted.
    you arent catted and they dont even waste there time with the rest of the test.
    You must have obdII enabled so that they can plug their shit into your thingy.
    if you have a check engine light, you fail right then and there as well.
    So if your RH has caused a check engine light, you need to do the defouler thingy.

But if he has a race header, he will fail in Tennessee, probably in IL as well, because you must have a cat by law as part of the EPA's emissions regulations act and clean air act.

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    But if he has a race header, he will fail in Tennessee, probably in IL as well, because you must have a cat by law as part of the EPA's emissions regulations act and clean air act.

I have a race header WITH a cat installed and passed with no problems in NY(which is only a blond"C" hair from Cali as far as OBDII Nazi-ism is concerned).

In IL they only plug you in to a obd2 scanner thingy, I thought there was some option in k pro to set rediness or something, so you could pass even with a raceheader. Just not sure where and how to go about that.......... I know there's a way to pass...... Be cool if someone form IL that passed with same mods, would post....

Setting readiness only sets a ready signal for the cyclic tests, any CEL failures are not eliminated.

He dosent have a cell at the moment?? anyways so set readiness put a cat on and pray lol... We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I have a race header WITH a cat installed and passed with no problems in NY(which is only a blond"C" hair from Cali as far as OBDII Nazi-ism is concerned).
    oh right, i just assumed when he said race header he had eliminated the cat.
    well, yes, if you have a cat and no check engine lights, readiness on you should pass..
    It depends though, if his tune has very high fuel levels because of FI or something he'll probably fail..
    But i guess you wouldnt have an RH if you were FI.
    If you fail i think they give you a little sticker or something and you have 1 week to fix the problem and come back

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    As long as they dont check under the car for a CAT...and your CEL doesnt come on your good to go...

bump for an update

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    oh right, i just assumed when he said race header he had eliminated the cat.
    well, yes, if you have a cat and no check engine lights, readiness on you should pass..
    It depends though, if his tune has very high fuel levels because of FI or something he'll probably fail..
    But i guess you wouldnt have an RH if you were FI.
    If you fail i think they give you a little sticker or something and you have 1 week to fix the problem and come back
    ah virginia, they dont give a fuck about your car unless its ear blasting loud. thats about the only good thing about VA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information