Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SSR header

SSR header

Here are some pics of my SSR header. Both before and after being ceramic coated at SwainTech http://www.swaintech.com/

And with the SwainTech WhiteLightning ceramic thermal barrier.

Here is pic showing the SSR header installed with the EP3 length test pipe and a EP3 specific cat back.

And here is a Platinum HF cat, which with just the front flange(at the header end) welded on and a 3 bolt flange welded onto therear angled outlet matchs the RSX typeS specific midpipe perfectly!

Last edited by talonXracer; 05-02-2008 at 05:29 PM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

ephatch member
    Hmmm I didn't know SSR made a EP3 specific header. Their site only shows the DC5 version.

Quote Originally Posted by sLiCk View Post
    Hmmm I didn't know SSR made a EP3 specific header. Their site only shows the DC5 version.
    The only difference between any DC5 to EP3 specific header is the LAST several inches, the EP3 one is 3" shorter.

SSR headers are soo sexy... nice talon... aso how much did the coating cost ya???

ephatch member
    So SSR has not made one for the EP3 yet? So how does the whole set up look with the DC5 midpipe being 3in longer? does your exhaust stick out alot?

That thing looks badass. how much power gain to you feel?

Here is a dyno showing the gains over the JRrh.

AND then after removing the Mugen HG(used a stock one) and removing the DCsports single can and adding a Hytech loop muffler.

Last edited by talonXracer; 04-27-2008 at 11:44 AM.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    The only difference between any DC5 to EP3 specific header is the LAST several inches, the EP3 one is 3" shorter.
    Ya. So did you chop 3" off the end of the header? Or did you ask ssr to make it 3" shorter for the EP3?

Quote Originally Posted by sLiCk View Post
    Ya. So did you chop 3" off the end of the header? Or did you ask ssr to make it 3" shorter for the EP3?
    The header is the same exact piece, no matter if it is EP3 or DC5 specific. The ONLY difference between the DC5 and EP3 headers is the last 3" of the test pipe portion. You can buy 1 header and both test pipes and fit either chassis. When you call and place your order they will ask what chassis it is for and what engine block(K20 or K24), the will make the appropriate test pipe to go with the header for your application.

ephatch member
    The header is the same exact piece, no matter if it is EP3 or DC5 specific. The ONLY difference between the DC5 and EP3 headers is the last 3" of the test pipe portion. You can buy 1 header and both test pipes and fit either chassis. When you call and place your order they will ask what chassis it is for and what engine block(K20 or K24), the will make the appropriate test pipe to go with the header for your application.
    Ahhhh I see. All clear now. Thx for the detailed response :)

s3xy

There are several benefits with the true ceramic coatings that Swain applies, one is the HUGE drop in under hood temps, the second is that it greatly reduces the dreaded rainy weather banging from the axle back to nothing(maybe a change in tone is all), and a nice drop in temp felt thru the firewall(nice in the summer, bad in the winter) and lastly a fatter midrange.

doug where are you located?

cause i saw that Swain is in NY, and me being in chicago that would cost a bit to have my RH shipped to them and shipped back to me

Quote Originally Posted by the JigGa mAn View Post
    doug where are you located?

cause i saw that Swain is in NY, and me being in chicago that would cost a bit to have my RH shipped to them and shipped back to me

I live a couple hours from them. But I still shipped it. If you look at the pic's of the SSR header it is a multiple piece, it fits in a much smaller box, but costs alot more to have coated. A 1-piece Kseries header isnt that expensive to ship as it isnt as bulky as say a B-series header would be. I bet no more than around 20$ one way for ground shipping.

I live a couple hours from them. But I still shipped it. If you look at the pic's of the SSR header it is a multiple piece, it fits in a much smaller box, but costs alot more to have coated. A 1-piece Kseries header isnt that expensive to ship as it isnt as bulky as say a B-series header would be. I bet no more than around 20$ one way for ground shipping.
    ic, thanks im going to look into having my dc rh coated, what was your turn around time?

I shipped a JRRH for 16 bucks. How much does the SSR header cost? It look sexy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information