Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    with these bbks, are there any companies making street compound pads for these? i know hawk makes some of their less agressive compounds in sizes that fit into the wilwood calipers.

Dont know if you can see it on my avitar, but I have the stoptech bbk and love every minute of it. The only thing I wish I would have done different is went with the non-slotted rotor. I think the stoping power would have been that much more serious if i would have went with a flat rotor.

stubby

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    with these bbks, are there any companies making street compound pads for these? i know hawk makes some of their less agressive compounds in sizes that fit into the wilwood calipers.
    Wilwood makes a street compound pad too, they call it their "Poly Q" pad. I've used it before and its nice, quiet and doesn't dust too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    Dont know if you can see it on my avitar, but I have the stoptech bbk and love every minute of it. The only thing I wish I would have done different is went with the non-slotted rotor. I think the stoping power would have been that much more serious if i would have went with a flat rotor.

stubby
    I didn't realize you had gone with the Stoptechs Stubs. I want to check them out if you come back down for NOPI.

I printed out that page that has the caliper fitment size for the stoptech bbk and it looks like it will clear my hfp wheels with plenty of room to spare. The only thing that sucks is that I couldnt use my 16's again. The type S swap is sounding like the way to go. Anybody know a good place to get them?

if your worried about fitment, willwod makes a bbk that fastbrakes.com has assured me will fit under a 15"

i've got SS brake lines and i'm in need of some new brake pads
    is it really worth getting the Hawk HPS+ over the HPS?

i would recommend the satisfied gransport 6

Quote Originally Posted by 04cvcsi View Post
    i've got SS brake lines and i'm in need of some new brake pads
    is it really worth getting the Hawk HPS+ over the HPS?
    I recommend against the HP+ on a street car. They are obnoxiously noisy. The HPS are fine. The GranSports are good pads too.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    I think there is less dust with the shields off. If you blew a axil and coated your brakes with cv grease there might be a problem but aside from that, none that I can think of.

Grassroots Motorsports just had a big article on upgrading brakes. I would recommend everyone to read it because they usually have very reliable info. I think they said the only thing you need to do if you take the dust shields off is to protect your cv joints and the like from the added heat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information