Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K20z1 Swap Q's

K20z1 Swap Q's

I'm glad we're back, but I cannot find any info about the swap. Really bad timing, as I just bought a z1 swap. If anyone can tell me what to look out for or explain the transmission procedure I would be stoked. I can't remember if it was swapping the a3 vss or ? Any rate hopefully someone here who has done the swap can repost. I should have copied it or something. I guess I just assumed it would always be here. Thanks in advance.

are you using Kpro or Z1 ECU? or A2 ECU?

VSS need to be modified in order to use A2 ECU

if you are running Z1 or Kpro, no worry about VSS

Kpro has its own VSS converting system

I have kpro, but everyone says it still needs to be modded? There were some people on here who had been through this. I think we lost some people. Thanks for the info, any additional would be appreciated.

Hondata says the speedo will not work and no vtec. I am not sure what happened, but is there anyway to recover or repost the info we had here pertaining to k20z1 swaps. I have looked everywhere, and no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by whitt View Post
    Hondata says the speedo will not work and no vtec. I am not sure what happened, but is there anyway to recover or repost the info we had here pertaining to k20z1 swaps. I have looked everywhere, and no luck.
    What do you want to know? Ask sir

what ECU are you using? K20A2?

Quote Originally Posted by moonsi View Post
    are you using Kpro or Z1 ECU? or A2 ECU?

VSS need to be modified in order to use A2 ECU

if you are running Z1 or Kpro, no worry about VSS

Kpro has its own VSS converting system
    this has ALWAYS bugged me...

if/when doing a motor swap can i use my a3(si) kpro'd ecu? or would i need to get a ecu similar to the motor being swapped and kpro that if i wanted?

i know the a2 (type s) ecu has the reverse lockout..

Quote Originally Posted by the JigGa mAn View Post
    this has ALWAYS bugged me...

if/when doing a motor swap can i use my a3(si) kpro'd ecu? or would i need to get a ecu similar to the motor being swapped and kpro that if i wanted?

i know the a2 (type s) ecu has the reverse lockout..
    Yes you can use your A3 Ecu.

I used an A3 Ecu on the K24A2 build, no reverse lock out,but seriously it takes ALOT of force to get it into reverse when travelilng forward. I woudn't know nor tried to do it. but its not a big deal, and you can run a wire to the lock out silinoid and turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpax View Post
    What do you want to know? Ask sir

what ECU are you using? K20A2?
    I am using kpro on a3 ecu. I just can't remember if I need to swap the vss from the a3 to the z1 trans, or I see where people keep mentioning a convertor? I talked to Rob at Hasport briefly today, and he said Brian was out and would be the only one famliar with the vss issue. He also again made fun of me for not going k24.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpax View Post
    Yes you can use your A3 Ecu.

I used an A3 Ecu on the K24A2 build, no reverse lock out,but seriously it takes ALOT of force to get it into reverse when travelilng forward. I woudn't know nor tried to do it. but its not a big deal, and you can run a wire to the lock out silinoid and turn it on.
    thanks joe!

I am using kpro on a3 ecu. I just can't remember if I need to swap the vss from the a3 to the z1 trans, or I see where people keep mentioning a convertor? I talked to Rob at Hasport briefly today, and he said Brian was out and would be the only one famliar with the vss issue. He also again made fun of me for not going k24.
    right fully so

Ouch. Once I get this thing worked out it'll be ok. I just wanted to build a z1. I do like torque honest. Maybe 24 later down the road as I plan to tear down and rebuild after putting some mileage on the z1.

The speed sensors are different and will NOT install into each others location. the Z1 Vss is like 108 times faster then the A2 Vss meaning it will read 110 MPH on your speed O when your doing 2 mph. so it will not read correctly.

Hondata Should have a Hardware upgrade plan, meaning they might have a new chipset that can be done to your A3 ECU. there is a option in Kpro parameters under the Misc tab > No speed sensor provide constant speeed signal. but that won't fix the problem of not having a speed signal for your MPH gauge

Ahh. So Hondata will fix my issue? I hope so man, kinda worried. My wife is going to punch my face if it costs much more. Everytime I buy a car I swap it and say only blah dollars, and you know the rest.

So hondata will convert the signal, but will my a3 trans harness plug into the z1 trans? Thanks man I appreciate you guys taking time to help.

(reading further > me ) Kpro parameters under the Misc tab > No speed sensor provide constant speeed signal. but that won't fix the problem of not having a speed signal for your MPH gauge

Ahh. So Hondata will fix my issue? I hope so man, kinda worried. My wife is going to punch my face if it costs much more. Everytime I buy a car I swap it and say only blah dollars, and you know the rest.

So hondata will convert the signal, but will my a3 trans harness plug into the z1 trans? Thanks man I appreciate you guys taking time to help.

(reading further > me ) Kpro parameters under the Misc tab > No speed sensor provide constant speeed signal. but that won't fix the problem of not having a speed signal for your MPH gauge
    No hondata MIGHT have an upgrade path, that will cost money to get it upgraded to the new hardware. how much I have no clue.

The sensor plugs If I remember right are different, 3 wires still but the plastic plug is different

Check this link out and click on the Kswap tab on the left. VSS convertors.
    http://www.dscustoms.com/s2000cluster.htm
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

I wonder how SiR R8td and Loganzwan made the signal work? Is there a real converter? I know when we were all talking about s2k cluster there was speak of such a converter, but really never saw anything substantial about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information