Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    any bah-D thur?

Quote Originally Posted by d-unit View Post
    any bah-D thur?

Ur getting Legit JDM's Aren't you?

Cause im getting the DEPO Reps and it seems that the 9006 - H1 Jumper connector is already on the assembly so all i did was a good old H4 - 9006 , 9005 harness

I'd be more comfortable if those 2 female connectors you have there where a 9006 connector then just use the prelude jumper.. ya kno

Bumping this thread for some info, plus it's chock full `o lighting knowledge, so figure it couldn't hurt.

I picked up a set of standard, USDM 04/05s recently to throw on my 03. I've been looking in to the wiring harness workups, and this thread obviously came up. Unfortunately, some of this stuff doesn't make sense to me (not much for wiring beyond basic electrical installs in the house ), so I'm looking in to buying a harness instead. I've got a PM in to Wayne at SSR, and I was diggin around on SUVlights as well.

My first question is about the suvlights harnesses; has anyone used them, and which one [I]specifically[I] should I pick up for my needs? It looks like they sell one that's a 9005/9006, but does that plug straight in to the 02/03 harness (where applicable)?

Help me out here guys; I want some nicer lights, but obviously can't be bothered to figure it out on my own!

nice info here...thanks!

Quick update, ordered a harness from www.suvlights.com/ after emailing back and forth with one of their guys. He recommended this harness, with a comment in the notes to the effect of "H4 to 9005/9006" so they'd know what it was for.

So when it and the lights come in (hopefully next week) I'll check it all out and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Quick update, ordered a harness from www.suvlights.com/ after emailing back and forth with one of their guys. He recommended this harness, with a comment in the notes to the effect of "H4 to 9005/9006" so they'd know what it was for.

So when it and the lights come in (hopefully next week) I'll check it all out and report back.
    so is this the wire harness for 02 to 04 light, i too is looking for a set too... let us if it work man

Quick update, got the harness and parts in last week, and did the swap Friday afternoon. Everything went pretty well, got the job done (kind of) and the 04/05s are in.
    Link for the harness I used: suvlights.com 114 harness
    Like I said earlier, if you order that one and put "H4 to 9005/9006" in the notes when you order it, and it should work fine.

Now, like I said earlier, the job is kind of done. Turn signals. I knew that the 02/03 sockets wouldn't fit in the 04/05 housing, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway, see if I couldn't shave `em down or something. Nope. Ordered the new sockets yesterday, hopefully they'll be here mid-week and I can get those in.

And I have a question on that end: the sockets are different, but are the plugs on the harness side different, too? I couldn't find an answer on that anywhere, so if someone knows fill me in. I assume if they're different, I'll need plugs w/pigtails so I can splice those in in place of the current plugs. Somebody LMK about that, so's I can order my parts LOL! My turns are stuck in w/electrical tape right now, all ghetto style!

EDIT:
    So just went back through the thread, and found the link to modding the turn signals. Seems the connections on the harness side are different, but all the pics from the DIY thread are dead. Anyone got pics/info?
    LINK: 04/05 Electrical Connections, Front
    So, found that. Looks like it's probably part number 8, but there are two of those listed, and I would still need pigtails. Anyone know if that's right? Or, if not, which parts do I need?
    Last edited by BeaterEP; 06-06-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Sooo, no one has any more info on the turn signal conversion?

I got some depo projectors i will be puttin into my car here pretty soon this thread might actually help me out a bit with making the harness with a friend.
    thanks a lot guys, since there isnt many threads on this issue.

ahh, i too am in search of the part number for the turn signal plug that inserts into the headlight.. (the piece that holds the bulb AND what plugs into it) then i assume i just splice into my current turn signal wiring to get it working. of course im sure this would all make more sense if i had it laying out in front of me, i havent started ordering parts just yet...

where do you find h4 male connectors besides ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by tindrumstoo View Post
    ahh, i too am in search of the part number for the turn signal plug that inserts into the headlight.. (the piece that holds the bulb AND what plugs into it) then i assume i just splice into my current turn signal wiring to get it working. of course im sure this would all make more sense if i had it laying out in front of me, i havent started ordering parts just yet...
    You ever sort any of that out? Got the sockets (that insert in to the headlight housing) a week or so ago, still not really sure about the other side of things though...

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Man, I need to check this section more often. One of the mods did a 02/03 to 04/05 DIY thread before, I want to say that was OneGlory? It is kind of a splice, but if you do it right you can always switch back, it's incredibly simple (don't you dare go spending another 73 dollars, sheesh). I did my own version of it where I couldn't easily swap back to 02/03, but it worked well enough for my Depos (for a while). But maybe shoot OneGlory a PM and see if my memory serves me correctly.

My summer plans include redoing my entire Depo/TSX retrofit with full DIY thread explaining every single step in layman's terms. So hopefully there will be a very informative thread coming to life in the next few months, I know we've lost a lot.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Dayum...yeah, where were you a few weeks ago?!
    Let me ask you this man, what's the part number for the harness-side connection for the 04/05 turn signals? Started a whole other thread in the Lighting forum, but everybody's too busy talking about Mugen license plate bolts to bother with my thread!
    LINK: My 02/03-04/05 Signal Question Thread

BUMP FOR MY KNOWLEDGE. Making that harness!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information