Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I had to do this too when I first bought my EP. I bought mine from the dealer as well for about $70. It's kind of a bitch to put in but its better than manually locking the door lol

Ugh. The LAST screw. The VERY last screw I had to remove. Stripped the head.
    I have the door panel off right now, have to smog it tomorrow anyway. Maybe the smog shop will help me pull out the stripped screw.
    So close to having my door lock back and I stripped the head. Stupid lock-tite. How did you get your screw out with the lock-tite working against you?

Driver's side done! All back together with replacement screws from Dale Hardware in Fremont.
    So I went to test it, and while the driver's side looks good, I looked over at the passenger side... it locks but doesn't unlock all the way. Thought I had a little more life on the passenger side actuator, but apparently not. That side is going to wait though. At least my side works again.

Mine literally JUST took a shyt on me. I get online just to find that the first thread in this folder on here is about this problem.... SWEET. Gonna fix asap. If anyone wants to order one I may be able to get them at cost through my job might save a few bucks. Ill find out tomorrow and let yall know.

I am not sure if its my door lock actuator or not. My driver side doesn't allow me to unlock door. I can insert key but it doesn't lock or unlock because the key barely moves left or right. I have to unlock and lock it from the inside by pulling door lock knub thing haha. Any ideas

She Will Be missed LOVIN MY EP3's Avatar
    I changed my passenger door lock actuator today and man it was so difficult with limited space and small screws ... so word of advice take your time and be patient

quick question.
    is there suppose to be an actuator on the passenger side?
    cuz every time i lock it from my side, it only locks the hatch... x[
    and no wireless entry. =[

so after all that, you CAN USE THE REMOTE TO UNLOCK AND LOCK WITH NO KEY CORRECT?

DarkStrado - Yes, there is an actuator in the passenger side door, too. What year is your Si? Mine is an '02 and both sides (driver & passenger doors) went out this year. Anybody else want to back up a ~8 year life span on these things?

Mangvue - Yes, after replacing my driver's side actuator, my key remote works fine now. (Although, I'm still procrastinating on the passenger door.)

lol funny, I have an 02 too and my passenger side went out couple months ago. 8 years sounds correct.

My passenger side died on my 02. New one on the way from Majestic. Honda's gonna have a shortage of these pretty soon.

The Power of Dreams lazeebeast35's Avatar
    Hmmm been driving around for a few years without being able to unlock both doors with the remote lol. So i guess i just need to change the actuators then??? lol im so slow at this, so worried about other details about the car didnt really pay attention the the locks.

Quote Originally Posted by lazeebeast35 View Post
    Hmmm been driving around for a few years without being able to unlock both doors with the remote lol. So i guess i just need to change the actuators then??? lol im so slow at this, so worried about other details about the car didnt really pay attention the the locks.
    lol so your remote does not work at all?? check the battery.

The Power of Dreams lazeebeast35's Avatar
    No it does. The hatch unlocks but the doors don't. Lights blinks and everything but doesn't unlock or lock.

Über Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by lazeebeast35 View Post
    No it does. The hatch unlocks but the doors don't. Lights blinks and everything but doesn't unlock or lock.
    That would indicate that both Driver and Passenger side actuators are bad.

Honda Parts Now Parts Page

Driver Side: 72155-S5A-A01
    Passenger Side: 72115-S5A-003
    Last edited by 3dkahuna; 09-26-2010 at 05:56 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information