Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks for this DIY. I need to replace my drivers side. I went ahead and a picked up a passenger side as well just to get em out of the way, haha

Thanks for the DIY! Just did this a couple days ago and everything went perfectly up until I had it all installed and came to wind down the window for the first time and it jumped out of its channel because I hadn't tightened/lined up the metal bracket holding the channel in the door properly. I then proceeded to spend the next hour and a bit swearing and spraying white silicone grease everywhere trying to get the window back in its slot haha. Spent longer on the window than the actuator! Going to do the passenger side actuator in a couple weeks once part arrives, hopefully learning from my mistakes

wierd i needed this too, install was a pain in the ass though

Drivers side just took a dump. I love this forum! Gonna do mine next weekend!!

did mine a few days ago. Use the youtube videos and pause video for each step. Also use "the ep3 door panel removal " video to remove door without breaking anything. Took an hour flat to remove door and replace actuator. Hardest part for me was putting back the door panel because of the tweeter speaker not wanting to line up.

finished both of my doors now. in regards to the tweeter, i just removed it. just pull it upwards and out once the door panel is off. it's only held on by one clip, but watch out for its wire. you can put it on after you put the door panel back in. made life so much easier once i figured it out!

this will prolly be the next thing i do unless i go to getting brand new headlights frist dunno yet but i have saved this thread in my fav's :D

im not 100% sure about what i need to replace with my car door but my remote unlocks all 3 doors. but my driver side door does not open from the outside. would it be the actuator that i need to replace or another part number? thanks for any help.

Str8up - I'm going from memory, but I think there is a cable that hooks up to the door handle. It may have popped loose? At any rate, that sounds independent of any actuator problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Grookes View Post
    Str8up - I'm going from memory, but I think there is a cable that hooks up to the door handle. It may have popped loose? At any rate, that sounds independent of any actuator problems.
    thanks. ill have to take the panel off this weekend to see what it is.

Finished mine. Nice having power locks again. FYI..definately pull the plastic cover off of the lock mechanism before trying to attach the acuator. I dicked around trying to attach with the cover still on. Removed the cover and I was done in 10 minutes. Also magnetic screwdriver is a must.

I'm ordering my pass. one today....... Been dead for like a year. Till I found this thread I didn't know what it was....

interesting, i also have problems with my door, idk if its the actuator or not, sometimes works, now that its really cold is not working at all , idk if has something to do with that because when its warm it works fine?

Quote Originally Posted by carrito View Post
    interesting, i also have problems with my door, idk if its the actuator or not, sometimes works, now that its really cold is not working at all , idk if has something to do with that because when its warm it works fine?
    yup. that's sign of the actuator going bad and it is how mine started and ended up not working at all.

ahhhh man! Mine did this as soon as i read this and went to get in my car 5 mins later :[

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information