Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    just did both my driver's side and passenger's. Yay keyless entry again lol.

Edit: good thing I have a girlfriend with cute little hands. This will take you a good two hours for both sides probably

2002 Honda Civic SI
    It is already obvious that I need to replace both actuators in my car. When I purchased my car, I never received remote/keychain clickers (what's the real word?). So... if I replace both actuators and order the correct remotes, I will then have properly operating power locks and remote capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCO View Post
    It is already obvious that I need to replace both actuators in my car. When I purchased my car, I never received remote/keychain clickers (what's the real word?). So... if I replace both actuators and order the correct remotes, I will then have properly operating power locks and remote capabilities?
    You need:
    FOB(Clicker)
    Security System
    Both side Actuators.

It cost me about 280$ to get my car up to keyless entry. I was in the same situation as you. I bought all OEM stuff keep in mind.

good thing mine isnt the only one acting up. need one for my pass side. bump for thread. saved!

2002 Honda Civic SI
    Is it a fair assumption that my car has a security system installed? Because I don't know for sure. I just bought my 02 EP, it's basically stock and I never received FOB's. Also, where does one buy the OEM FOB units?

i think all 3 of my doors/hatch whatever are about to go out on me lol

i think i can replace the doors easy

but anyone have a diy with pictures on how to do the rear?

again im not sure about the rear hatch going out on me or if there even is an actuator to replace...

sometime my remote unlocks the car...and other times it doesnt (the lights flash and everything everytime though)

Hey guys, I did the procedure on this door lock actuator & I'm pretty sure I got everything installed properly back together on the driver side,however the remote still doesn't work..

I tried both remotes none of them work. my passenger side just took a shit on me not too long ago, do I have to replace the passenger side first to get both to work again?

What should I look for? thx

YohL: What about the toggle switch above the driver's side indoor handle - does that work locking/unlocking the doors? That would narrow it down to whether it's your remote(s) or something within the car (loose electrical, bad actuator, etc.). I replaced one actuator at a time and the system still worked; no need to replace all at once.
    Last edited by codyep3; 02-12-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Finally decided to crack open my door and troubleshoot the actuator...
    I have an old driver's side assembly that I could use to test there.. It worked just fine.

I can't do the no-keyless-entry-thing, so it looks I'm gonna have to search around for one.. Damn!

Hey sorry for the really really late reply. But yes the door switch that supposed to unlock/lock doesn't work anymore. I believe it doesn't work as soon as the passenger side went out..another problem I have now that I notice is my interior light won't come on anymore when the doors are open...don't know if it's coincidence or related...

Quote Originally Posted by YohL View Post
    Hey sorry for the really really late reply. But yes the door switch that supposed to unlock/lock doesn't work anymore. I believe it doesn't work as soon as the passenger side went out..another problem I have now that I notice is my interior light won't come on anymore when the doors are open...don't know if it's coincidence or related...
    The remote and the door panel switch should be trying (at least making sounds- like its trying) to unlock the doors no matter what. Locking on the other hand, while the door is "ajar" (whether by open door or faulty ajar switch) should work for the door panel switch but it won't work for the remote...

Do your lights flash when you hit the lock button?
    From inside, What do you hear when you try to lock/unlock?

Basically, no sound from what I can hear. The door lock switch doesn't work anymore. The light flashes on both of my remotes.

I did replace a starter not too long ago, don't know if that matters. No responses at all. It's small bullshit but enough to make me feel annoyed for not having keyless entry..

Basically, no sound from what I can hear. The door lock switch doesn't work anymore. The light flashes on both of my remotes.

I did replace a starter not too long ago, don't know if that matters. No responses at all. It's small bullshit but enough to make me feel annoyed for not having keyless entry..
    With my passenger's side actuator out, I've had to use my key a few times (maybe 8 times) since it went out last week... I'm already annoyed! That's more that I've EVER had to use it in 7.5 years!

Did you program It correctly?

Sounds like more than an actuator to me. I agree that even with a door open an audible click should be heard when the mechanism tries to lock/unlock your doors. Loose cable? Wiring? Don't know if an old actuator would make the whole system shut off like that.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information