Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grookes View Post
    Sounds like more than an actuator to me. I agree that even with a door open an audible click should be heard when the mechanism tries to lock/unlock your doors. Loose cable? Wiring? Don't know if an old actuator would make the whole system shut off like that.
    Dayamn!

From what I've been hearing, I guess the driver's side actuator kinda acts like a master. So, while it's on it's way out, it affects the whole system. IDK if that's true or not though...

umm idk bout tht buddy. wen my passenger side was acting up n died my left side was fine.

No, that's right. The driver's side keys the rest of the system somehow, so if that lock doesn't actuate, none of the rest will either, and you can't set the alarm.

I'll back down - my experience has only been with my car, and I had the driver's side replaced before it completely died. Apologies for possible mis-information.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    No, that's right. The driver's side keys the rest of the system somehow, so if that lock doesn't actuate, none of the rest will either, and you can't set the alarm.
    I'm assuming that's why the bish costs more than the passenger's side one does.

Quote Originally Posted by Grookes View Post
    I'll back down - my experience has only been with my car, and I had the driver's side replaced before it completely died. Apologies for possible mis-information.
    It's all good Mr. OG!
    After 7.5 years ruth my EP, this actuator crap's all new to me. I'm only dealing with a passenger's side one ATM. I was just going off if hearsay, but if BeaterEP confirms, I'd say it's as true as the gospel is good.
    Honestly, I wouldn't have guessed that it was the case...
    Major props for your humble reply!

my drivers side is out

and to put it simply into one sentence...

with the drivers side actuator out, the other locks will only "actuate" to the position that the drivers side PHYSICAL lock is in.

hence if the drivers side door lock is unlocked. you can use the remote and switch to unlock/ the other door and hatch.
    if the drivers side door is locked you can use the switch and remote to lock the door only.

Does anyone know where to buy the actual plastic door handle and the circular part of the lock where you stick your key in?

Quote Originally Posted by StimulisRK View Post
    Does anyone know where to buy the actual plastic door handle and the circular part of the lock where you stick your key in?
    Majestic Honda: hondaautomotiveparts.com

$58.01/shipped

Assuming your EP is Vivid Blue Pearl...

Passenger's Side: 72140-S7A-J01ZQ
    Driver's Side: 72180-S7A-J01ZQ

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    my drivers side is out

with the drivers side actuator out, the other locks will only "actuate" to the position that the drivers side PHYSICAL lock is in.

hence if the drivers side door lock is unlocked. you can use the remote and switch to unlock/ the other door and hatch.
    if the drivers side door is locked you can use the switch and remote to lock the door only.
    Ah, you're absolutely right!
    Nice clarification man, thanks!

Just replaced my passenger side actuator last weekend. Based upon the difference between the passenger and driver side actuators, i'd agree that the driver side has some control over the others...driver side has 2 wire harnesses plugging into it, passenger has only one.
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    my drivers side is out

Would this affect the horn sounding when i lock my doors?
    When i bought my ep both actuators were bad, but the horn would still sound when i pressed the lock button. Now that i replaced the actuators the horn does not sound when locking the doors but the doors lock. Any input?

aftermarket alarm? When my driver's side went bad, the horn would not sound to lock because the driver's side would not lock. I just replaced it last week and now it works fine. I press lock, then lock again and the horn sounds once.

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    aftermarket alarm? When my driver's side went bad, the horn would not sound to lock because the driver's side would not lock. I just replaced it last week and now it works fine. I press lock, then lock again and the horn sounds once.
    No its the oem one that when pressing the lock twice makes the horn sound. After i replaced the actuator it didnt work.

IDK why replacing your actuators would case the horn to stop working. I'm assuming you connected the pigtails properly. So, I'm thinking a wire got wiggled loose or something.

Factory-installed Honda alarms are installed to beep once during locking and twice during unlocking. I made Honda change it to how you guys are describing it- once after pressing lock twice (within 5 seconds after) and not at all during unlocking.

Good luck with the fix.

My passenger's side actuator went out recently and now my driver's side is on it's way out. Bummed.

I just did this last night on the passenger's side. It was a great feeling to fix it after a year of being broken.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information