Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

An added note to rpr

The stuck rod means you have a defective actuator that jams. I did notice that the jammed actuator will unjam sometimes if you strike it sharply. Yours is probably unjamming when you remove it. Test and retest the actuator both directions when you have it out and if it doesn't spring return just once, it is defective.

AceEngineer

Both of mine are shot! Thanks this guys! Parts ordered.

I am also having problems with my door lock actuator. I replaced the window regulator and when I put everything back together my door wouldn't lock and unlock. I had noticed it would barely move before so I guess it just went out. I have pulled the actuator out completely but I noticed I can't pull or push the rod up or down unless I also pull on the door handle. Is this normal? My key locks and unlocks the car fine but I would have thought that with the actuator out I would be able to lock and unlock it with the rod that sticks up

Coming out of ephatch retirement to thank you all for this thread! Replaced my 02 Drivers Side actuator yesterday, and it's now working like a charm.

Wow - this thread has been alive for a long time. Round 2 here - passenger actuator died (again) and I was hoping to use this for directions. Cheers!

confused?

Hey guys I'm having a problem with my door locks. My driver actuator wasn't working but passenger worked perfectly never had one problem with it. I got a viper alarm installed and they mentioned to me how my driver actuator wasn't working which I knew already. So the keyless worked good on passenger n hatch but not my driver door. I finally changed my driver actuator yesterday. But now when I tried to lock n unlock from the inside the driver works fine but the passenger stops working at times. I kept playing with it lock n unlock and at times both side don't lock just unlock. And at times both are working fine all within the same 5 minutes or locking n unlocking back n forth. Did I install wrong maybe? I cnt figure out why it's doing that any help will be appreciated.

bumping an old thread.

Im having trouble with my lock when trying to use the key from the outside. the lock gets stuck and i have to twist the key back and forth a few times. From the inside the lock just wont go down when pressed or using the electric switch.

are these problems from the actuator? or is something else going on?

also i dont have a lock/unlock remote for the key ring. so thats not an option to try.

Hi Everyone,

I'm having an issue with my power locks and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. I wanted to get a second key fob for my car so I had one programmed. Once it was programmed the power locks stopped working, on both the key fob and inside the car on the power lock switch. The hatch will unlock from inside the car if I use the power lock switch but the driver and passenger side will remain locked. The hatch also won't unlock if I use the key fob. I looked through the diagram and it looks like the passenger actuator is wired in series with the hatch. This leads me to think the passenger side actuator is broken. It's just odd how only the power lock button inside the car will unlock the hatch. Since I can get a pair of actuators of Ebay for cheap and since apparently they break like children's toys, I was going to replace them. Before I spend a bunch of time replacing the actuators I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

Thank you,

And again, but this time with the hatch. Any instructions already built for our trunk?
    Coming up on 190k miles; pretty low miles on it these days.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information