Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Red AND blue, opposite ends of the spectrum, they get your attention quick, like the siren that's centered right in the most sensitive range of human hearing You will never really see them use a blue light in a squad car though and never a moto radio with a blue display, red and green all the way.

Ever play with 3D glasses for a while?
    haha ya I know and your eyes/brain can't determine the dominant color , thats why I love vbp w/red interior, good stuff makes me ponder the idea foot wells, might be alright lookin, brightness control would be cool.

That's the pisser, at the dome lamp, when the doors are closed the lamp has +12V and +12V at the termnals equalling a net voltage of 0V When the door is open the multiplexer pulls the switched one DOWN TO 0V equalling a net voltage of 12V, when it is closed again it slowly puls it back up to 12V turning the lamp off slowly. In order to do a on demand switch you first need to break the multiplexor input and ground the lamp side, IT HAS TO BE A BREAK BEFORE MAKE SWITCH to avoid damage to the multiplexer. Copying the design of 1/2 of the dome light switch will get you there but I'd sure try it on the bench first.
    wow... ok I'm a mechanical engineer not electrical haha I'm going to save that switch for something else
    thanks

I wasn't trying to be rude

Blue is really rough on night vision, our eyes don't deal with that end of the spectrum too well, that's why some find them to look so cool, also note what going even farther into that end of the spectrum does (blacklight) It distorts our vision to the point of misconception of hue. Because of this, pure blue at night is bad for retaining vision, people who have fished at night with a blacklight know well that you have to shut that light off for a bit before casting because you gotta let your eyes get their shit together.

Note that red lighting is used for night vision preservation (other end of the spectrum) Green presents no issues for vision but still appears bright and legible hence why it was and still is a popular backlighting color. Red CAN blur at night.
    Excellent explaination! Don't worry I wasn't offended at all I thought your ricetaskic comment was funny and I tend to agree with your position on that, lol.

Oh absolutely and IF you changed your interior lighting to LED like many do it would be a fraction of the pull-down load, remember it's designed to pull down incandesent lighting, and pull it down fast on turn on including inrush load but if that lil booger shorts to ground in a weird failure it's better safe than sorry. (I'm thinking pinched wire, someone uses loose balck tape, you know... Better to CYA sometimes.
    Your homework for the next week is to create a DIY for an interior incandescent -> LED conversion.
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

There is already a site that sells those. I'll see if I can find it.

Velocity LED's on Ebay is pretty darn good and has a great selection.
    http://stores.ebay.com/V-LEDS
    Then superbright LED's too but their selection is weaksauce compared to velocity.
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Chad

-.-' why nobody answered to my question... u mention that the green and red wire is the ground ? so where is the power source ?? the + - ??

Quote Originally Posted by lilflx View Post
    -.-' why nobody answered to my question... u mention that the green and red wire is the ground ? so where is the power source ?? the + - ??
    Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    On the driverside, above the kick is this harness. The green/red wire controls the dome lights. It rests at +12v and when the door opens, it goes to ground.

Use that wire as the ground for this system.

The singular plug in the fuse panel has constant +12v. You will need to drop the fusepanel for easier access. This will be used for power to this system. I forgot to take a pic of my fuseholer and spade, but I used a 10 amp fuse to run this.

Green wire with red stripe is ground, Single plug (use female spade terminal for connection) on fuse box is +12V for power
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

FWIW I have ordered Prewired 12V LED's from these guys before and they are allright, pretty quick from Hong-Kong!

http://stores.ebay.com/led-hk

If you don't want to jack with a current limiting resistor you willw ant to get the pre-wired ones ;)

does it turn on only when the dome light is on (eg: when opening doors)? i amm thinking of doing it so when i open the door, it lights up and when i close the door, it turns off. sorry if my question is stupid. i dont know anything about the jdm floor light

FWIW I have ordered Prewired 12V LED's from these guys before and they are allright, pretty quick from Hong-Kong!

http://stores.ebay.com/led-hk

If you don't want to jack with a current limiting resistor you willw ant to get the pre-wired ones ;)
    I've ordered over 2000 (yes, 2000) led's from these guys for myself and coworkers. Good people. I've never ordered the prewired stuff though. We just series/parallel them to match the operating voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by benkieboy View Post
    does it turn on only when the dome light is on (eg: when opening doors)? i amm thinking of doing it so when i open the door, it lights up and when i close the door, it turns off. sorry if my question is stupid. i dont know anything about the jdm floor light
    It works exactly like the dome light. Open the door and the LED's come on. Close the door and the LED's dim slowly.

some body start making a bunch of these and start selling it to ephatch for profit!!!

It really is clearly written out. Is there something specific you don't get?

Maybe I should have taken pics of the construction/wiring of the LEDs.

They are merely (sp?) series/paralleled together with no resistors.

It really is clearly written out. Is there something specific you don't get?

Maybe I should have taken pics of the construction/wiring of the LEDs.

Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to electrical. What do you mean by "Single plug (use female spade terminal for connection) on fuse box is +12V for power". Which one is it?

I nevered played with the fuse box before.
    So basically ALL THE ITEMS required is
    1. like 16 LED's
    2. X feet of Y gauge wires
    3. plexi stuff
    4. X amount of fuses

?

like... I don't even know how to construct the small led's together...

How do 4 do in series as opposed to 3? 3 may just be pushing them just a tad at running voltage.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information