Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    广州本田
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon208 View Post
    humm.. but it got super loud only yesterday when it was raining? is there a way to stop it.. now thinking it may sound like that... humm...
    Well is more of the pop/pinging sound, I'm not sure if that is what you are describing when u said you hear knocking sounds. I had that problem and a little bit of grease on the top and bottom of the spring fixed it. Then again.. it should not be more louder in the rain i think.

ephatch member
    so this is what happen today.. jacked up the car and took the rim apart...
    checked the tie rods, endlinks, ball joints.. they all look good..
    so i'm like humm axle? looks good there.. then i look at the spring... humm.. so i gave it a bit of a tug or turn and it moved freely?

i think that's the problem.. i was able to turn it with one hand? so then i look at the locking perch.. they don't like loose or whatever.. but anyways i am gonna bring it to my mechanic and have him take a look and see if he can tighten a bit or raise it a bit so that the locker perch will compress a bit and lock the spring.. i hope that's the problem..

struts were clean no oil or crap

广州本田
    You got the BC coils right? did you notice if the spring can be moved up and down when u took the wheels off to look at it? maybe the preload has been adjusted wrong on it.

Banned
    This happened with my k sports and my meagan racing coilover i have now its called spring bind! I can assure u this is the problem megan racing sent me a diagram to take the coilover apart and lube whats called the noise prevention cushions its on the top and bottom of the coilover i took mine aprt and they where all hard and rough once i lubed them the noise stopped when the car is in the air u cant notice it until the weight is applied its not letting the spring turn lube it with valvoline multi purpose its RED it does not wear fast!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post
    You got the BC coils right? did you notice if the spring can be moved up and down when u took the wheels off to look at it? maybe the preload has been adjusted wrong on it.
    humm.. dun't think it really moved up and down much.. barely MUCH.. i can turn it the most..

well definitely try and have my mechanics grease it up tonight!

Banned
    any update??? hope u got it fixed....

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SiCkEP3 View Post
    any update??? hope u got it fixed....
    nope.. i brought it to the mechanics.. and he couldn't find or replicate that sound! ERRRRRRR..
    he checked what i already checked.. ball joints, wheel bearings, shock mount, endlinks.. still nothing.. ERRRR
    >.<

problem was i co uld of had it replicate saturday/sunday.. however monday and tuesday it seemed quiet or GONE! ERRRR..

I know it might seem unlikely to be the culprit but have you checked your motor mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by dragon208 View Post
    nope.. i brought it to the mechanics.. and he couldn't find or replicate that sound! ERRRRRRR..
    he checked what i already checked.. ball joints, wheel bearings, shock mount, endlinks.. still nothing.. ERRRR
    >.<

problem was i co uld of had it replicate saturday/sunday.. however monday and tuesday it seemed quiet or GONE! ERRRR..
    So, did it go away after you messed with it? If so, whatever you did fixed it, maybe something was just not lined up right and you messing with it stuck it back in the right spot. I've had loose lugnuts make a knocking sound on me.

ephatch member
    that's the thing.. i didn't do anything nor did my mechanic.. ARGGGGGGG
    it was hard to replicate.. guess the next time it happens it'll have to be pouring rain!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information