Close

any diy wheel paint?

i wan tto know if there a diy for painting your own wheels my rota slips are fading and fading quick dont know why i clean it every week!

they sell some at kragen. If you buy any two spray paint cans the third is free. Get some wheel clear coat too.

I have some but I havent painted anything yet....

Quote Originally Posted by wishbear View Post
    i wan tto know if there a diy for painting your own wheels my rota slips are fading and fading quick dont know why i clean it every week!
    if you have never painted before, then bring them to a place to have them done. i thought it was going to be easy painting my stockies, and they came out like garbage. i'm getting them redone by my friends shop because i know if i try again it will suck just as bad

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NrGiNnY14 View Post
    if you have never painted before, then bring them to a place to have them done. i thought it was going to be easy painting my stockies, and they came out like garbage. i'm getting them redone by my friends shop because i know if i try again it will suck just as bad
    I agree pay a body shop to do it. It will look a hundred time better then a rattle can.

Quote Originally Posted by humpmasterflex View Post
    Very nice DIY but why would he paint his wheels green?

Holy crap talk about unsafe. Did you see how they have the cars jacked up. YIKES.

The green does nothing for me and I wondering how the rims are holding up with out any primer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by siver-SI View Post
    Holy crap talk about unsafe. Did you see how they have the cars jacked up. YIKES.

The green does nothing for me and I wondering how the rims are holding up with out any primer.
    Dunno... but you can always put like 2 coats of primer before you start spraying the paint... no biggie.

wow that really didnt look safe at all...fuckin idiots, woulda cost them nothing for some jackstands...

as for painting your wheels yourself, its not that hard, you just have to take your time, look at my wheels, i did those myself and they turned out great...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

my set wheels are getting corrosion all over
    so I have decided to paint it black
    sanded it down with grit 250 --> 1 coat of primer ---> 2 coats of gloss black
    they turned out to be pretty good :)

My diy project will be done in few weeks. Waiting for perfect finish. I`ll open new thread about it.

Thread Information