Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I give up on the remote start I have my alarm all wired up and thats more important to me. When I get more time I'm going to go to a friend I know and get him to install the remote starter part and make the install all nice and clean.

To the guy above on my clifford in order to get remote start to work you have to go through a procedure first in order to activate remote start before you leave the car. It involves pressing the foot brake being in neutral, pulling the e brake, letting off the foot brake, pressing the remote start button, taking the key out (car should stay running), then arming the system and the car will shut off allowing you to remote start now.

nice, i have the same alarm and i love it

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1281 View Post
    VegaS10, can you be more specific how the alarm "knows" the car is in gear?
    There is a sequence you do before you get out the vehicle. Canuck Civic explains it in the next post.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1281 View Post
    Also, where do you get your alarms from? I've been wanting to do my own since I don't trust installers to do a good job but I read you lose your warranty if it isn't installed by a "trained technician".
    I install for a living. I buy my alarms from my work and my parts from another shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    To the guy above on my clifford in order to get remote start to work you have to go through a procedure first in order to activate remote start before you leave the car. It involves pressing the foot brake being in neutral, pulling the e brake, letting off the foot brake, pressing the remote start button, taking the key out (car should stay running), then arming the system and the car will shut off allowing you to remote start now.
    Did you try what I said about leaving the key in the igniton?

must of missed reading that good idea I'll try that in the morning it was just so frustrating spending all this time and not working. Plus my car needed a wash badly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information