Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Looking for a VTEC killer (ex rockers) .kal with k20z3 cams, I/shorty/E.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    Anyone have a map for stage 2 cams (skunk2), CAI/RH/I? I'm going to swap my head stuff in soon and would like to run a map till I can get it to the tuner. Thanks guys
    I was running an a1 head with Skunk2 stage II's, prc intake manifold, intake, raceheader, megan midpipe stock axelback.

PM my your e-mail address and I will forward it to you

Pm sent, thanks man. I still have the stock intake manifold, will that cause issues with it running?

ephatch member
    stock prb shouldn't make too big of a difference. Depending on your intake and exhaust, the map may be a little rich because I was using the better flowing k24a1 head. But running a little rich isn't bad. What are you doing for injectors. That tune is for 310cc injectors.

I'm still running factory injectors right now. I'll be upgrading down the road when I put in the JRSC but I was going to go with 550cc. Should I upgrade now and then later or no? Will running rich throw a CEL with the primary O2 or will it be ok? I'm really just looking for something to hold me over for about 2 weeks to a month after its installed so I can get it to the tuner.

ephatch member
    the big thing is that you may max out those stock injectors. I want to say I was nearing 85%. I would change the injector size to 270cc in k-pro and then never take it about 6k until you upgrade injectors or get it professionally tuned.

Just downloaded and looked at the k24 kal posted by slip_angle, curves look very smooth.. makes my pee pee hard.

cant wait to try it as a base map for my swap. I basically have the same setup.

I will be running the 30* vtc, can i just change all the values that are > 30 down to 30 in the cam angle tables?

Quote Originally Posted by cyllarus View Post
    Just downloaded and looked at the k24 kal posted by slip_angle, curves look very smooth.. makes my pee pee hard.

cant wait to try it as a base map for my swap. I basically have the same setup.

I will be running the 30* vtc, can i just change all the values that are > 30 down to 30 in the cam angle tables?
    Thanks! I did the tuning on the dyno myself as well as running the dyno. (dynoJet) Great experience.

You can change the VTC to 30 if you want but since the VTC is a physically limited it won't make a difference either way. You say 30* VTC but do you mean 25* since 25* is stock?

Correct slip, I mean the stock k24a2 VTC. now that i have everything together and running i am seeing the VTC max out at ~26 deg. So thats what id expect based on your coment

Overall the spark timing on the KAL you supplied is VERY close. I get slight knock between 3-4 K at about 80KPA, but not serious.

I'm noticing that my motor is flowing ALOT more than yours between 3-5k, and then yours seemed to flow ALOT more above 5. Hoping to get some time to do some road tuning this weekend.. will keep updating.

Hey I just saw this, so I wanted to tell you the tune worked great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    No prob guys, LMK how it works...

I need a kal for my ep3 with k20a2, rh,exhaust,intake and rbc with stock 310 injectors, thanks guys!

Looking for a base .kal for a k24a2/k20z3

Specs:
    -k24a2 block
    -k20z3 head
    -RBC IM
    -SRI
    -JRRH
    -TSX Injectors

Idk what else would matter.. Just something safe and good running until I get it tuned.

Here's the stock Hondata k24 .kal BUT it has been edited so you don't get the VSS Malfunction CEL (If you're using the EP3 5-Speed). I have had no CEL's since I updated this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just got my kpro today - anyone have a good recommendation of a .kal for :

Stock motor (ep3)
    Stock enjectors
    AEM v2 CAI
    N1 full exhaust
    No header installed (yet).

Looking to safely increase my RPMs, and get a little more power out of the setup. I have already ordered the EMUSA turbo kit, and that should be here soon.. but then I want to send it out to get garrett internals and switch out some of the hardware. Guess Ill need bigger injectors, and I am going to see if there is room for a turbo blanket, then I will be installing a lower temp t-stat. Not looking to make huge numbers, but if I can float at 250 all day, and have it stay reliable I will be happy.

@ Slip_angle.

way cool of you to share a map.
    Just to be clear, the Kal you posted is for:
    - K24a2 with modded VTC
    - KRRH
    - CAI
    - RBB Im

thanks

(Sorry for bringing this back from the dead )

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information