Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 97
  1. #31
    Registered User MajorJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington 360
    Posts
    432
    Looking for a map for a k20a2 with t3/t4 revhard turbo and 550cc

  2. #32
    NerfHerder heyvortek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    379
    two tunes that are pretty much the same. one is boost by gear and the other is duty cycle boost.
    k20a2
    fullrace GT35R
    1000CC rc engineer
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #33
    Registered User cyllarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    169
    Previous thread was closed so reposting here:
    Hey Guys,

    I am about to begin my k24 swap in a couple of weeks and am trying to build a list of candidate base KALs to load on the Kpro once i am complete with the install.

    Yes I know that there are 2 included in the Kmanager software.

    But i was hoping people who have had their K24 a little longer and have similar mods would be willing to share their KALs with me.

    I'm targeting to have a group of 4-5 KALs that I can load one at a time and see which is the best starting point for street tuning. I figure there has to be at least a couple of people out there running a mostly stock k24a2 with just basic mods...

    Either way, i will post my tweaked KAL here if for you all once i feel its reliable enough.

    MODS:
    Stock k24a2 ( stock compression, cams, injectors etc )
    INJEN cold air intake
    DC5 Type R header/cat
    Stock Ep3 exhaust.
    Rsx-s 6spd transmission.

    THANKS for your help in advance

  4. #34
    0EM xEcuTi0n Ba82Ep3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    2,251
    Im posting up a basic k20a3 I/RH/E HiOc basemap i put together with some WOT street tuning and some partial throttle tuning including ignition advance on the 10, 20, 30 degree maps.

    Its the most commonly asked for basemap and it should do you well for quite a while.

    *lo cam not tuned, all hi cam... 2krpm and up. Rev limit 7300rpm. No fuel economy (highway) tuning. Check immobilizer if needed.*

    k20a3IHE.kal

  5. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Im posting up a basic k20a3 I/RH/E HiOc basemap i put together with some WOT street tuning and some partial throttle tuning including ignition advance on the 10, 20, 30 degree maps.

    Its the most commonly asked for basemap and it should do you well for quite a while.

    *lo cam not tuned, all hi cam... 2krpm and up. Rev limit 7300rpm. No fuel economy (highway) tuning. Check immobilizer if needed.*

    k20a3IHE.kal
    you read my mind. thanks for this!

  6. #36
    VBP Jelly Bean 303EP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Im posting up a basic k20a3 I/RH/E HiOc basemap i put together with some WOT street tuning and some partial throttle tuning including ignition advance on the 10, 20, 30 degree maps.

    Its the most commonly asked for basemap and it should do you well for quite a while.

    *lo cam not tuned, all hi cam... 2krpm and up. Rev limit 7300rpm. No fuel economy (highway) tuning. Check immobilizer if needed.*

    k20a3IHE.kal
    Sweet baby Jesus thank you

  7. #37
    0EM xEcuTi0n Ba82Ep3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    2,251
    No prob guys, LMK how it works...

  8. #38
    Registered User Powers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by 04SiSpeed View Post
    My tuner got 210 at the wheels n 151 trq out of my stock k20a with just a kidd header and MR injen intake. PM me if anyone is interested and i can look into pulling it off the ecu. Right now i dont have the program, but my brother just got kpro on his s2000 and he may have the disk. Like i said if anyone is interested i can look into it
    Is this on your a3? Id be very very interested in this if so. Im thinking about springing on a kpro at the end of this month. I got the kiddracing header apexi noir catback and injen air intake aswell.

  9. #39
    0EM xEcuTi0n Ba82Ep3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    2,251
    K20a is the JDM engine. You have a k20a3... keep dreamin. Haha

  10. #40
    Registered User Powers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    K20a is the JDM engine. You have a k20a3... keep dreamin. Haha
    i knew it was to good to be true. i hate being a newb

  11. #41
    Registered User Reaper27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    No prob guys, LMK how it works...
    Damn man, I input the map the other week and I haven't really been able to play with it till today cause of some family issues that I've had to take of out of town but I can feel a HUGE difference in the car. The only thing I changed was pushed the rev limit up to 7500 just for slaps and tickles ;-P but send me an email when you get a chance about the Etuning and the datalog if your still willing to help out with the ignition advancements and the AFRs. Thanks again man for the map, I know a lot of people will be able to use it cause not all of us are lucky enough to be roling with a K24 engine yet ;-p jk

  12. #42
    0EM xEcuTi0n Ba82Ep3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    2,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    Damn man, I input the map the other week and I haven't really been able to play with it till today cause of some family issues that I've had to take of out of town but I can feel a HUGE difference in the car. The only thing I changed was pushed the rev limit up to 7500 just for slaps and tickles ;-P but send me an email when you get a chance about the Etuning and the datalog if your still willing to help out with the ignition advancements and the AFRs. Thanks again man for the map, I know a lot of people will be able to use it cause not all of us are lucky enough to be roling with a K24 engine yet ;-p jk
    Prolly this weekend if you have time. ; )

    You really need to put the rev limiter back to 7300. Fuel/ignition wasnt tuned to 7500. The map tables jump from 7k to 8k because its a basemap. I know it doesnt sound like much, and you DO feel a definite difference... but if it was a purpose built tune, the maps would graduate from 7,000 - 7,250 - 7,500 - 7,750 - 8,000, and so on to just above redline (dependent on engine). This would allow finer tuning on the top end (actually throughout the entire rev range but were just discussing 7-8k), and AFR's would be more accurate because the added RPM ranges would add more resolution to the maps.

    I can eventually update the map with additional part throttle cruising efficiency tuning... but that is a PITA to ETune. I might be able to combine this one with the eco tune i had for my k20a3... if i can find it.

  13. #43
    0EM xEcuTi0n Ba82Ep3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    2,251
    I found my k20a3 Eco tune... this is what the 'hi cam' angles looked like for it.



    Compare this to the previously posted 'hi cam' angles.

    This tune was for HiOc use and BCstg2 cams. Notice the lower angle values MAP columns 3-7 and RPM columns 3k on up? Those were the areas i spent most of my time on the interstate cruising from like 45mph on up to 70 if i remember right.

    If anyone knows how Hampton Roads (VA) is, interstate speeds do vary that much because of traffic. This was the only way i could avoid 25mpg on the interstate. This tune was worth 36mpg with cruise set at 65mph. If i was flat footing it at 100mph+ for long distances with the cruise set i got less than 20mpg. lol

  14. #44
    Registered User Reaper27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Prolly this weekend if you have time. ; )

    You really need to put the rev limiter back to 7300. Fuel/ignition wasnt tuned to 7500. The map tables jump from 7k to 8k because its a basemap. I know it doesnt sound like much, and you DO feel a definite difference... but if it was a purpose built tune, the maps would graduate from 7,000 - 7,250 - 7,500 - 7,750 - 8,000, and so on to just above redline (dependent on engine). This would allow finer tuning on the top end (actually throughout the entire rev range but were just discussing 7-8k), and AFR's would be more accurate because the added RPM ranges would add more resolution to the maps.

    I can eventually update the map with additional part throttle cruising efficiency tuning... but that is a PITA to ETune. I might be able to combine this one with the eco tune i had for my k20a3... if i can find it.
    Yea man, should be able to this weekend. I'll email you though to see whens best for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    I found my k20a3 Eco tune... this is what the 'hi cam' angles looked like for it.

    Yea man, I should be able to do it this weekend. But major noob question: whats a PITA tune?



    Compare this to the previously posted 'hi cam' angles.

    This tune was for HiOc use and BCstg2 cams. Notice the lower angle values MAP columns 3-7 and RPM columns 3k on up? Those were the areas i spent most of my time on the interstate cruising from like 45mph on up to 70 if i remember right.

    If anyone knows how Hampton Roads (VA) is, interstate speeds do vary that much because of traffic. This was the only way i could avoid 25mpg on the interstate. This tune was worth 36mpg with cruise set at 65mph. If i was flat footing it at 100mph+ for long distances with the cruise set i got less than 20mpg. lol
    Ok, so this is probably what every person says when they want to tune a car but I want to get the most that I can out of my car. Even though its an a3 I still want to use the most potential out of it that I can. I'm swapping in the CAI this weekend so that should help a little instead of the SRI. Also I changed the rev limiter back to 7300, just wondering tho would it be able to tune it to a higher rev limit or would that just hurt my power and the engine? I don't really want to push it 8k cause I don't want to blow it haha but whatever would be the best set up. I'm still new to the whole tunning area but I'm learning slowly. I also want to clear up a common 'myth' that I've been hearing a lot of but if you have a higher MPG like with you eco tune do you put out less power or loose power? Sorry for all the questions man

  15. #45
    0EM xEcuTi0n Ba82Ep3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    2,251
    No worries... well try and sort it out in email or well have to talk on the phone. I dont wanna get the thread too far off topic... ; )

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •