Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

K20A2/K24A2 Current Pricing....

hey i have done some searching around and am only finding old old pricing info for k20a2 and k24a2 swaps. does anyone have any good current price sources for these two motors? again, i have done some searching(i am not a newb, even though my post count says otherwise...lol) and cannot find any current info. thanks in advanced.

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    depends on where you get them. From reputable vendors you'll typically pay ~$3,000 for k24a2, but Ive seen them go for as low as $2,000 form individuals or salvage yards.

around 2700-2800 shipped, the k24 being a little more

well i kno 1.5yrs ago, i got my a2 swap with tranny and everything needed for 4k. def. cheaper now, but a2's still go for a lil more than the k24. pricing for the k24's go (in order of cheapest to most $$$) a4, a1, a2. (u prob. kno that tho)

yeah i am just doing some pre planning. i have the jrsc-r w/ k-pro and all the bolt ons and such. its making 238whp/187wtq, but i need more. i was going to part everything out and go turbo to hit my 300whp mark, but i have been thinking that i can do either a k20a2 or k24a2 for the same price as a turbo kit, have my 300whp, but also have a better platform to build once i decide to. makes more sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    yeah i am just doing some pre planning. i have the jrsc-r w/ k-pro and all the bolt ons and such. its making 238whp/187wtq, but i need more. i was going to part everything out and go turbo to hit my 300whp mark, but i have been thinking that i can do either a k20a2 or k24a2 for the same price as a turbo kit, have my 300whp, but also have a better platform to build once i decide to. makes more sense to me
    it does

ephatch member
    i used at k24a1 block. got the longblock for 1100.
    i have a BNIB a2 head. got that for 1000
    HG - Studs - serpentine belt - some head sensors = another 300-400 bucks...
    i got another spare k24a4 block laying around lmk if u need it

but you'll have to change the pistons to put an a2 head on that block.
    which might be alright if your goin turbo. get some 8:1 CP's!

well, correct me if i am wrong, but the block for the k20a3 and a2 are the same just different internals. if i get the a2 head and do pistons and rods in the a3 block, bump the compression to 11:1, i basically have a k20a2 just with the ep3 tranny. i already have a full ferrara valve train in my a3 head now, which are the same parts for the a2 head. i can put this stuff in the a2 head and be set and it would be cheaper than buying the entire motor. any input on this?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    well, correct me if i am wrong, but the block for the k20a3 and a2 are the same just different internals. if i get the a2 head and do pistons and rods in the a3 block, bump the compression to 11:1, i basically have a k20a2 just with the ep3 tranny. i already have a full ferrara valve train in my a3 head now, which are the same parts for the a2 head. i can put this stuff in the a2 head and be set and it would be cheaper than buying the entire motor. any input on this?
    I think you are wrong.........I think the blocks are different, differeent webbing patterns on the outside.

the rods,cranks and pistions will fit though.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    I think you are wrong.........I think the blocks are different, differeent webbing patterns on the outside.

the rods,cranks and pistions will fit though.
    ok thats what i was wondering. if i can do rods and pistons and get the compression to 11:1 with the a2 head then i think that will work. i am researching it so any info i come up with i will post. i know some people have built up the a3 block but i dont think i have seen any posts on what i am trying to do. guess i will see what i can find.

Jeri Lee is hot!! supercivician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thechromecoyote View Post
    depends on where you get them. From reputable vendors you'll typically pay ~$3,000 for k24a2, but Ive seen them go for as low as $2,000 form individuals or salvage yards.
    do you know any salvage yards in jersey for hondas

Quote Originally Posted by supercivician View Post
    search here >>>> http://car-part.com/dealersaz.shtml

whole US

I believe chunky has a built A3 block with K20A2 head. If you build the A3 block it would be good since you would not have to delete the oil jets when adding forged pistons, although you would want to use the A2 crank.

Quote Originally Posted by supercivician View Post
    http://car-part.com/

Edit did not see above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information