Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

my idle went from fine to Fu*ked in 3.2 secs......what the hell????

ok, im seriously going insane now......for a while my idle was all messed up, was bouncing around and idling high....so finally after replacing the iacv and doing an idle relearn everything was fine....for a few weeks....today i am driving home and just before i get home i let it loose and floor it, all the sudden my idle is staying at 2200-2400 rpm....so i say w/e and pull the ecu fuse and do the idle relearn again.....bam as soon as i finish that ive got a bouncing idle again.....so i drive it back home again slowly, feeling the hesitation that the bouncing idle brings....i check on kpro my tps, its at 2.4, i have no idea how it moved as it was at -.1 before. so i go and adjust that and once i finally get it back to zero the car is still bouncing at idle, 1000-2100, and i have no way of stopping it.....i dont have a vaccum leak, i have checked all my vaccum lines and nothing is leaking....i'm seriously pissed off right now, ready to slam a sledgehammer thro my motor....what can i do????

another thing, if ur tps sensor shows more than .1 in the negative will it inspire a bouncing idle?? i've set and reset this tps sensor like 10 times, starting to wonder if i need a new one.....anyone ??

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    did you check for vacuum leaks????

Quote Originally Posted by ALL MotoR Ep3 View Post
    did you check for vacuum leaks????
    lol, did u read my post????? where i explicity said that its not a vaccum leak cause i checked all the lines....

There is a little coolant port on the head next too the IM, it has one hose going to the intake and one that goes to a port on the IM right by the injectors. From what I understand it allows air to bypass the throttle body and enter the IM when the engine is cold to aid in warming up. I've heard that this valve can malfunction and remain or come open after the car is warm and cause problems. You can cap it off and see if this improves your idle pretty easily.

You can also check your fuel rail and that all your injectors are seated properly.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Pizza View Post
    There is a little coolant port on the head next too the IM, it has one hose going to the intake and one that goes to a port on the IM right by the injectors. From what I understand it allows air to bypass the throttle body and enter the IM when the engine is cold to aid in warming up. I've heard that this valve can malfunction and remain or come open after the car is warm and cause problems. You can cap it off and see if this improves your idle pretty easily.

You can also check your fuel rail and that all your injectors are seated properly.
    the AAV hose? tried that, no dice...the car isnt warm and does this.....

well do you really want to know whats wrong? i can tell you but i have to charge

Quote Originally Posted by jh604 View Post
    well do you really want to know whats wrong? i can tell you but i have to charge
    seriously jordan if u were here i would punch you right in the nose

Quote Originally Posted by jh604 View Post
    lol thats messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by dc5 jet View Post
    lol thats messed up.
    he's making a stupid joke, he doesnt even know how to change his own oil....

Quote Originally Posted by SyckSiR View Post
    haha

lol.

im getting to the point where i am just gonna get rid of this and go back to muscle cars....so much less bullshit.....

im getting to the point where i am just gonna get rid of this and go back to muscle cars....so much less bullshit.....
    dont be stupid!!! lol j/k

it could be your feul injectors, my friends was doing the EXACT same thing. we checked EVERYTHING except the fuel injectors and well at the end we're like lets check them out and well we changed them and it worked perfect. But idk, im just giving some idea lol im probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    dont be stupid!!! lol j/k

it could be your feul injectors, my friends was doing the EXACT same thing. we checked EVERYTHING except the fuel injectors and well at the end we're like lets check them out and well we changed them and it worked perfect. But idk, im just giving some idea lol im probably wrong.
    ha, i dont have 500 bux for a new set of 650's.....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information