Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    if you decide to part out..... umm I CALL DIBS ON THE JDM HEADLIGHTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    if you decide to part out..... umm I CALL DIBS ON THE JDM HEADLIGHTS!
    I said please no more stupid posts.....just posts that are helpful and related to my prob please.

Quote Originally Posted by SyckSiR View Post
    the AAV hose? tried that, no dice...the car isnt warm and does this.....

Just cap the fitting on the IM to eliminate it as a cause, dont assume it is ok.

Reset the TPS in Kpro. It can cause a erratic idle.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Check the TPS sensor, if it is damaged or unplugged by chance.

What was the last thing you did your car just before this started happening initially.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    Just cap the fitting on the IM to eliminate it as a cause, dont assume it is ok.

Reset the TPS in Kpro. It can cause a erratic idle.
    how do u reset tps in kpro? i know how to check it, but not how to reset....

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Check the TPS sensor, if it is damaged or unplugged by chance.

What was the last thing you did your car just before this started happening initially.
    stomped on it. seriously everything was fine for the last three weeks, and i floored it goin down to my house and thats when everything went to shit....

how do u reset tps in kpro? i know how to check it, but not how to reset....

You need to have the key on and the engine off, click on the "lightning bolt", open up parameters and the hit the read tab next to idle, depress the throttle to the floor and hit the WOT read tab.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

I drove away one day and the idle was stuck at 2-2500 rpm. I had no idea.
    I took off the TB to clean the IACV and it wasn't until then that I notice some build up in the TB around the butterfly causing it to stick open and show a throttle position of like 3 or so.
    Cleaned around the butterfly and everything was fine.
    Hope it is something simple like that.
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

ok, im seriously going insane now......for a while my idle was all messed up, was bouncing around and idling high....so finally after replacing the iacv and doing an idle relearn everything was fine....for a few weeks....today i am driving home and just before i get home i let it loose and floor it, all the sudden my idle is staying at 2200-2400 rpm....so i say w/e and pull the ecu fuse and do the idle relearn again.....bam as soon as i finish that ive got a bouncing idle again.....so i drive it back home again slowly, feeling the hesitation that the bouncing idle brings....i check on kpro my tps, its at 2.4, i have no idea how it moved as it was at -.1 before. so i go and adjust that and once i finally get it back to zero the car is still bouncing at idle, 1000-2100, and i have no way of stopping it.....i dont have a vaccum leak, i have checked all my vaccum lines and nothing is leaking....i'm seriously pissed off right now, ready to slam a sledgehammer thro my motor....what can i do????
    my car would do this from time to time right after i did a redline pull or highway datalog, it would go away eventualy without me messing with anything. but it would bounce from 1000-2300ish

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    You need to have the key on and the engine off, click on the "lightning bolt", open up parameters and the hit the read tab next to idle, depress the throttle to the floor and hit the WOT read tab.
    that doesnt reset it tho....that just tells u where its at doesnt it?/?/

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjames View Post
    I drove away one day and the idle was stuck at 2-2500 rpm. I had no idea.
    I took off the TB to clean the IACV and it wasn't until then that I notice some build up in the TB around the butterfly causing it to stick open and show a throttle position of like 3 or so.
    Cleaned around the butterfly and everything was fine.
    Hope it is something simple like that.
    3 weeks ago i installed brand new iacv and gasket, and frsh maxbored tb, so unless he doesnt do that good of a job the butterfly shouldnt be stickin.....i have loosened off the tps screws and adjusted its position and i have had it set where it says is at zero and then i start the car, check again and it says a different readout.....

should also mention if tps sensor shows a plus opening then the engine just revs to a certain point and sits, if its 0 or below it does the bouncy idle...

should also mention if tps sensor shows a plus opening then the engine just revs to a certain point and sits, if its 0 or below it does the bouncy idle...
    Based on that, I would definitely think it is an issue with TPS zeroing/calibration. Did you try the reset procedure Doug posted?
    He posted the way to read the amounts, yes, but those figures are what you are supposed to enter in kpro where it says 0 and 100% under TPS. The figures on your car will then be scaled accordingly.

For example, yours reads -5% at 0 and the 87% at WOT, kpro will scale the incoming TPS voltage accordingly so that -5% coincides with 0 and 87 with 100.
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjames View Post
    Based on that, I would definitely think it is an issue with TPS zeroing/calibration. Did you try the reset procedure Doug posted?
    He posted the way to read the amounts, yes, but those figures are what you are supposed to enter in kpro where it says 0 and 100% under TPS. The figures on your car will then be scaled accordingly.

For example, yours reads -5% at 0 and the 87% at WOT, kpro will scale the incoming TPS voltage accordingly so that -5% coincides with 0 and 87 with 100.
    so basically, just type 0 and push enter??? i've just been adjusting the actual tps sensor....loosen screws, move tighten, check repeat....really makes me wish i had a 30' usb cable.....
    Last edited by SyckSiR; 05-02-2008 at 09:00 AM.

3 weeks ago i installed brand new iacv and gasket, and frsh maxbored tb, so unless he doesnt do that good of a job the butterfly shouldnt be stickin.....i have loosened off the tps screws and adjusted its position and i have had it set where it says is at zero and then i start the car, check again and it says a different readout.....
    try tightening down the tb and im, only take a few min

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information