Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Any vacuum lines to the snail? Throttle cable misadjusted, is the butterfly closing like it should?
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    Any vacuum lines to the snail? Throttle cable misadjusted, is the butterfly closing like it should?
    I have a vacuum block (t'd off the brake booster) to all the turbo stuff, but I disconnected the brake booster line completely when I was checking for vacuum leaks and nothing changed.

I'm going to wait for the car to cool down (so I don't get showered in coolant) before I pull the TB and check everything over/make sure the butterfly isn't sticking. I'm 90% sure it's not the throttle cables, as there is a little slack in both the cruise and throttle cable at idle.

Is it possible for there to be a vacuum leak from one of the sensors off the the TB (map, tps, evap thing - dont remember what it's called)? Thats the last thing I could think of if it's not the butterfly.

Alright, I offically have no idea what was wrong but my car now works fine again :noidea:

I pulled off the TB and the gasket/sensors looked fine. I noticed that there was the slightest chance in hell of a vacuum leak in the corner so said "screw it" and just put high temp rtv (basically ultra-flange) in a really thin layer by that corner. (If this was an absolutely retarted idea let me know. I know getting the TB off again is going to suck...) I reinstalled the TB and nothing changed (still idling ~1300 and jumping randomly, though at longer intervals). The last thing I could think of was the injectors so I pulled those and cleaned the o-rings/reinstalled them.

With just an open TB the idle was staying around 1300 but was at least staying constant. I was fed up with the thing at this point and just reinstalled all my charge piping/vacuum lines and started the car again.. and it idled fine..?!? I really have no idea what was wrong but am just hoping it stays this way (knock on wood). Thanks again to everyone who helped.

Quote Originally Posted by lleron View Post
    I was fed up with the thing at this point and just reinstalled all my charge piping/vacuum lines and started the car again.. and it idled fine..?!? I really have no idea what was wrong but am just hoping it stays this way (knock on wood). Thanks again to everyone who helped.
    If it happens again, try zip tying all the vacuum hose connections. It's possible something may be leaking through.
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information