Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    I got mine from madisound when i ordered the first round of drivers, I'll try to find you a source.
    Great man, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kaisertj View Post
    Great man, thank you!
    Shazam!

PE has them!

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=268-244

Damn, your faster then google! thanks again

Thanks Chad I am going to have to invest in some of those. As far as EQ goes I have never really gotten in to tuning. When in high school I only cared about SPL. Now I am looking for a very balanced system with really good bass (I still love the the thump).

What is a good EQ for a Noob.

What does the pioneer have built in? I would not happen to have the same EQ DSP as the 880 would it?

What does the pioneer have built in? I would not happen to have the same EQ DSP as the 880 would it?
    I really haven't messed with it that much. But I don't think so here is the description of what it has.

Full Dot OEL Display (160x48 pixels) with 3-line display, screensavers and spectrum analyzer
    Motorized, detachable face
    Wireless remote control
    Blue button lighting
    CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
    Peak Power Output: 50 watts x 4
    RMS Power Output: 22 watts x 4
    CD Text Display
    MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)
    Playback of CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, AAC, WAV, and WMA
    Supertuner IIID with 18FM/6AM presets
    1-bit D/A Converter
    AGC (Automatic Gain Control)
    Two-Way Crossover Network
    Selectable high-pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, 125 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
    Selectable low-pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, 125 Hz, 18 dB/octave with 0-12 dB bass boost)
    EEQ (3-band parametric equalizer)
    3 Sets of 4V preamp outputs (front, rear, and subwoofer)
    XM Satellite Radio Ready: tuner, subscription and antenna required and sold separately.
    USB Ready: Built-in USB connection and controls
    iPod Ready: Connection through USB (adapter included)
    Bluetooth Ready: CD-BTB200 Required and sold separately
    Rear auxiliary input: RCA and optional auxiliary input (CD-RB20 required and sold separately)
    CD Changer and DVD control
    Display output
    BSM (Best Stations Memory)
    AGC (Automatic Gain Control)
    Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR)
    Electronic Balance/Fader
    Source Level Adjuster (SLA)
    Subwoofer Direct Control Key
    Wired Remote Input
    Operation Beep Tone
    Display Off Mode
    Internal Amp Off Mode
    Cellular Mute
    Face Case (Included)
    Screensaver
    English, French, or Spanish selectable display language
    2 Background animations
    4 Background pictures
    2 Spectrum analyzer styles

Well, try it without an EQ, it's only got a 3 band parametric but honestly I'm only using 3 of my bands right now and 2 are defeated. Hopefully it will allow you to adjust the bandwidth of the EQ and it's not fixed Q.

But hey! it does have.....

2 Background animations
    4 Background pictures

Because today a car stereo is all about bling you know.....

Well, try it without an EQ, it's only got a 3 band parametric but honestly I'm only using 3 of my bands right now and 2 are defeated. Hopefully it will allow you to adjust the bandwidth of the EQ and it's not fixed Q.

But hey! it does have.....

2 Background animations
    4 Background pictures

Because today a car stereo is all about bling you know.....
    DAMN I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS THAT GANGSTER!

It isn't the best HU for SQ, but for me it was perfect. I love the I-pod interface. Well I going to start looking for a 4-channel and a Mono amp. I want the same brand and the same series so it looks really clean in a amp rack. This would normally get done pretty quick but I got lots of other expense right now. And I need new suspension. Drop here I come.

Chad can you link me to a good DIY fiber glass install. I was reading one yesterday but the guy made it seem like I needed 300 in materials to do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by RON View Post
    DAMN I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS THAT GANGSTER!

It isn't the best HU for SQ, but for me it was perfect. I love the I-pod interface. Well I going to start looking for a 4-channel and a Mono amp. I want the same brand and the same series so it looks really clean in a amp rack. This would normally get done pretty quick but I got lots of other expense right now. And I need new suspension. Drop here I come.

Chad can you link me to a good DIY fiber glass install. I was reading one yesterday but the guy made it seem like I needed 300 in materials to do it properly.
    What about a 5 ch amp, get-er-dun! Cuts down on costs of power distro, etc. Alpine has a 5Ch PDX out now, a used JL 500/5 (loving mine), ED was closing one out for cheap, etc.

Have you checked out fiberglassforums.com? Look around there for a while, it's indespensible for tips and tricks!

I'll look around for what you need and also take inventory of what I used on mine, I went for the bare minimum and got it done.

As for the time issue... take your time by all means! You may change your mind on something and it will turn out better than you thought! Grab a beer of few, open the hatch and stare at it for a while, you will come up with something cool

My problem is I had been pushing it off for awhile and last week I put in the HU and a bunch of other odds and ends and I want to get started!

As for a 5 channel I can't seen to find one that has the SUB output I want. I want like 500 but maybe I am going way overkill too! I love what I have now and I am running a OLD SCHOOL rockford 120a2. And that shakes my house with the gain at half.

So now you have got me interested in possibly do a 5 channel. But let say I picked up your amp JL 5X500 it say the front is 2X100 and the rear 2X25. Would even use the rear since in theory it is less than the HU?

Those rear channels are more stout thant eh headunit's output. The headunit ain't making what it claims unless you hit it with lightning and measure the peak output at 10% THD.

At that point I'd biamp the fronts and go active, the JL will do a bandpass crossover on the front channels giving each mid 100W and each tweet 25W which is PLENTY for a tweet, the sub channel is rather underrated I have heard although I have yet to bench mine.

Also the rears don't need to be loud, just fill, the JL has a "rear fill" feature built in that uses the rear for ambience without pulling your stage back if you still want to do rear speakers. I'm digging mine, one can be had for between 300-350 in great shape. There are lots of options out there for 5-6 CH amps.

Those rear channels are more stout thant eh headunit's output. The headunit ain't making what it claims unless you hit it with lightning and measure the peak output at 10% THD.

At that point I'd biamp the fronts and go active, the JL will do a bandpass crossover on the front channels giving each mid 100W and each tweet 25W which is PLENTY for a tweet, the sub channel is rather underrated I have heard although I have yet to bench mine.

Also the rears don't need to be loud, just fill, the JL has a "rear fill" feature built in that uses the rear for ambience without pulling your stage back if you still want to do rear speakers. I'm digging mine, one can be had for between 300-350 in great shape. There are lots of options out there for 5-6 CH amps.
    This is totally going to give me away! I hear all this active and passive? And when wiring arn't the tweets and fronts going to the same place on the amp? How is it different watts?

You are eliminating the passive crossovers (that WILL soak power) And doing the crossover at the preamp level. Advantages are oodles more flexibility and tuneability, no distortion/soak from the passive, you can gap/overlap crossovers, yadda, yadda.

Disadvantages are you need more amp channels, if you get stupid you can roach a tweet if you send it fullrange or a lower freq than it can handle.

I've been running active for 19 years now and never plan to go passive. (never torched a tweet either ;) )

You are eliminating the passive crossovers (that WILL soak power) And doing the crossover at the preamp level. Advantages are oodles more flexibility and tuneability, no distortion/soak from the passive, you can gap/overlap crossovers, yadda, yadda.

Disadvantages are you need more amp channels, if you get stupid you can roach a tweet if you send it fullrange or a lower freq than it can handle.

I've been running active for 19 years now and never plan to go passive. (never torched a tweet either ;) )
    so how are you wired out of you amp? If you have a diagram of how all your stuff is wired?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information