Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    No diagram but I can make one up. 5 channels of amplification, 5 speakers, each speaker gets it's own channel of amplification. 5 runs of preamp going to the back, headunit does the DSP work with Crossover/EQ/Time-allignment.

i am picking out my amps and sub combos and i am trying to do a whole system with all the same brand stuff. So here is the first question.

Would this AMP even come close to powering this SUB?

Quote Originally Posted by RON View Post
    i am picking out my amps and sub combos and i am trying to do a whole system with all the same brand stuff. So here is the first question.

Would this AMP even come close to powering this SUB?
    add-on to this question for the pro's:
    when the sub is dual voice at 2-ohms, is it x2 to 4 ohm or stay at 2 ohms?
    on top of that how would you wire it (using his sub/amp)?
    I have read some stuff over series and parralel, but i dont remember enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jtyler05si View Post
    add-on to this question for the pro's:
    when the sub is dual voice at 2-ohms, is it x2 to 4 ohm or stay at 2 ohms?
    on top of that how would you wire it (using his sub/amp)?
    I have read some stuff over series and parralel, but i dont remember enough.
    This is why I asked! I believe when it is a DVC sub on a mono 4-2 ohm it goes to 2ohm, but this is why I ask... Where is Chad and Vegas when you need them!

It can either be wired as a 1 ohm "parallel" or 4 ohm "series"

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    It can either be wired as a 1 ohm "parallel" or 4 ohm "series"
    could that amp even power the sub?

It will, but I'd be wishing I could find that sub in a dual 4 version to knock it down to 2 ohms. How did you come across that combo? There's a TON of options out there! That amp (RMS) puts out as much as the 5th channel of my 5 channel that I bought for $315 used ;)

It will, but I'd be wishing I could find that sub in a dual 4 version to knock it down to 2 ohms. How did you come across that combo? There's a TON of options out there! That amp (RMS) puts out as much as the 5th channel of my 5 channel that I bought for $315 used ;)
    I was just trying to find a good deal on new stuff. I was just trying to do the whole system in the same brand stuff. I have alway just mixed and match stuff. I can't seem to find a 5 channel that has what I want... for a price i am willing to pay. I guess I will keep looking on diyma for some one unloading some stuff.

There's way more reasons to NOT go with the same brand of everything than there are good reasons to stay loyal. Some companies just have things they do better.

There's way more reasons to NOT go with the same brand of everything than there are good reasons to stay loyal. Some companies just have things they do better.
    I hear ya I just think it looks cool! And i am not going to crazy. But I really want to start on the enclosure some I need the sub and amp.

I went with the Memphis Belle for a few reasons.

1. Size. It's reasonably small, but at the same time very powerful.

2. Sub channel. It does a TRUE 1000 watts at 1 ohm. No other 5 channel does it.

3. Convenience. I'm not going to have multiple amps.

4. Crossovers. The crossovers are great, I can pick the crossover slope, and it has a subsonic filter on the sub side.

5. 4 gauge sleeved power inputs. Makes install easy and good looking.

They are expensive if you buy them new, I think about $1100. But I found a gently used one locally for $500. They are occasionaly on eBay. I can't imagine using another amp in the ep3.

I'm using MB Quart components in the front, with the tweeter in the factory location. I'll post pics later. GREAT spekaers that lived in my crx before going in my ep3.

Polk db 6.5's in the rear....just had them in the crx as well, and they are only rear fill.

I'm using a Digital Design 9910 for the sub in a ported enclosure. I use the sub for dB Drag Racing and just threw it in there for shits and giggles. When it's being used for dB DragRacing, it normally sees 4500-4700 watts on a "burp", so the memphis is child's play.

I had a pair of JL 12w6V2'sin there, but they were a tad overwhelming. I have one left if you're interested.

I am using a Clarion deck (which I love), I forgot the model number, but you can change the illumination to match the dash (great feature). All the crossovers, eq, time alignment, etc are great features as well.

I will probably be removing it soon for the Avic Z3 (new model).

memhis is for girls! but the belle is bad, the only thing that gets me is the sub channel. try some elemental designs stuff, they rox. www.edesignaudio.com thats my shizz!

PS: ugh how i hate DD...there just the newest SPL fad.give it a month or so and they will be garbage on the clearance rack.

Quote Originally Posted by ryko View Post
    PS: ugh how i hate DD...there just the newest SPL fad.give it a month or so and they will be garbage on the clearance rack.
    Obviously you have no clue as to how many records they have set over the past 3 years....

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    I went with the Memphis Belle for a few reasons.

1. Size. It's reasonably small, but at the same time very powerful.

2. Sub channel. It does a TRUE 1000 watts at 1 ohm. No other 5 channel does it.

3. Convenience. I'm not going to have multiple amps.

4. Crossovers. The crossovers are great, I can pick the crossover slope, and it has a subsonic filter on the sub side.

5. 4 gauge sleeved power inputs. Makes install easy and good looking.

They are expensive if you buy them new, I think about $1100. But I found a gently used one locally for $500. They are occasionaly on eBay. I can't imagine using another amp in the ep3.

I'm using MB Quart components in the front, with the tweeter in the factory location. I'll post pics later. GREAT spekaers that lived in my crx before going in my ep3.

Polk db 6.5's in the rear....just had them in the crx as well, and they are only rear fill.

I'm using a Digital Design 9910 for the sub in a ported enclosure. I use the sub for dB Drag Racing and just threw it in there for shits and giggles. When it's being used for dB DragRacing, it normally sees 4500-4700 watts on a "burp", so the memphis is child's play.

I had a pair of JL 12w6V2'sin there, but they were a tad overwhelming. I have one left if you're interested.

I am using a Clarion deck (which I love), I forgot the model number, but you can change the illumination to match the dash (great feature). All the crossovers, eq, time alignment, etc are great features as well.

I will probably be removing it soon for the Avic Z3 (new model).

Well I just got my head Unit so I will be sticking with it for at least till i figure out every thing else. I love memphis amps; back in the day I had four of 1000 D's in a pick up powering two twelves in a wall. I had no care in the world about SQ! I have been looking for the Belle but buying used scares me.

PM me about that sub! I want it!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information