Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jeri Lee is hot!! supercivician's Avatar
    how good is k24a2 with turbo. reliable??

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    I'm assuming when you say F series you're reffering to the oddball F motor in the s2k which has almost nothing in common with the F series as in the accord motors. (although I would love an f20b)
    you are correct sir. I meant the s2k f engine. Not the v6 accord one.

I'm still on my swap high and not tuned, but let me say that k24a2 is a huge jump over stock ... part throttle driving especially. I can't imagine these things with cams and a little headwork. Wait ... maybe I can?? Must call intrinsic

i want to drive stock ep to compare my k24a2 ep . from sound of it i guess there is quite a difference
    Last edited by az-epdrvr; 05-05-2008 at 05:30 AM.

A k24 is the way to go man.

Doug what about a PRC mani that hasn't been brought up in this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by thechromecoyote View Post
    you are correct sir. I meant the s2k f engine. Not the v6 accord one.
    I think its a F20c and in newer models F22c motor...

K24a2 A+ imo throw the type s tranny with it and your ripping through gears

-K24a2 swapped from TSX (32k miles on motor) -6 speed RSX tranny -CTR LSD -CTR final drive gear -Hondata KPRO ECU -50 degree VTC gear -Toda flywheel -Exedy stage 1 street clutch -DC race header -HKS 2.5" full exhaust -06 SI intake manifold -Hondata intake manifold gasket -Injen MR short ram intake -Enjo motor mounts -CTR red valve cover -Sun Automobile voltage stabalizer i say yeea

im new and question

what bout a k20a2 head with a k24a2 bottom end alot of people are tellin me to do that especially if i want to boost it

May wind Oct. rain
    I went with a K24A2 because I got the short block for less than $600. One of the my friends was getting shipped overseas and he wanted it out of his garage ASAP. He ended up spending the $600 on a party (4 kegs and a lot of liquor). During his drunk phase, I took advantage of him and asked about his tranny, which I got for $500 (with a burnt out first gear).

I was looking for engine that would give me good low to midrange power. As far as rev-happy engines, in auto-cross, I am never in the high rpms because it was never needed.

ephatch member
    bring it back, bring it back.....

So from the looks of it the k24a2 pwns on the k20a2. Stock for stock. Bolt ons for bolt ons. Which is really good to hear since i really would love to have this motor. Though in my story i'm comparing this to a K20Z1. Will it be the same story and have the K24 come out on top? Stock for stock of course.

Just like the original thread starter i'm not going to boost. Keeping it NA with better internals. Since i'm going to have this car well into 2012 i figured a swap is def in my future.

in an ep with a k24a2 and one with the k20a2, im pretty sure the k20a2 would win the straight line race. stock for stock or bolt-on for bolt-on.....i could be wrong, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    in an ep with a k24a2 and one with the k20a2, im pretty sure the k20a2 would win the straight line race. stock for stock or bolt-on for bolt-on.....i could be wrong, but.....
    It could go either way IMHO, but the K24A2 is going to be the easier engine to drive around town.

Like almost anything else it just depends on what you want. If you like to really spin a motor up then go with the K20, if you want a torquey engine go with the K24.

The K24 has more potential though. I don't care what anyone else says, there still is no replacement for displacement.

oo yea i totally agree. the k24 will def. make WAY more power when built. but im like raz, i love revvin' out my engine

K24a2 will win the straight line race if the drivers and mods are the same. It should be a pretty easy one to judge. The tsx makes a cunt hair less hp than the a2 but makes gobloads more tq(stock). Mod for mod the k24a2 will pick up more power per mod due to displacement. Tq wins races...hp is just for bragging. My 2 cents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information