Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    K24a2 will win the straight line race if the drivers and mods are the same. It should be a pretty easy one to judge. The tsx makes a cunt hair less hp than the a2 but makes gobloads more tq(stock). Mod for mod the k24a2 will pick up more power per mod due to displacement. Tq wins races...hp is just for bragging. My 2 cents
    i duno bout that lol. the power delivery of each engine is different. we will find out this weekend tho! bruce (civic5lug and i are both racing at the BBQ and we both have the same bolt-ons. he is k24a2 and i am k20a2. in a straight line race, the k24 should get a slight jump but the k20 should pull top end. thats where it makes its power.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    i duno bout that lol. the power delivery of each engine is different. we will find out this weekend tho! bruce (civic5lug and i are both racing at the BBQ and we both have the same bolt-ons. he is k24a2 and i am k20a2. in a straight line race, the k24 should get a slight jump but the k20 should pull top end. thats where it makes its power.
    If you guys really have the same mods and tranny then I gotta put my money on him(you sure they are the same...you have a pretty extensive mod list)...but props to you man if you take it

well......i have a 6spd and he has the 5......but we both have an RBC, he has a dcrh and i have the bcrh, both have catbacks (not sure what he has), both have cai's (i believe), both have kpro. both running honda cams. not sure if he is gutted. i am NOT tho. we'll see. i do kno i trap higher then him by about 4mph in the 1/4mile

well......i have a 6spd and he has the 5......but we both have an RBC, he has a dcrh and i have the bcrh, both have catbacks (not sure what he has), both have cai's (i believe), both have kpro. both running honda cams. not sure if he is gutted. i am NOT tho. we'll see. i do kno i trap higher then him by about 4mph in the 1/4mile
    Well you do have a good jump on the mods by having a 6spd and a much better headerThe 6spd really waked up my car. I still think it will be close though.

Yea the 6psd is def. gonna help. it will also def. be a good run. i do like the z3 cams in have in her right now. i hit 162wtq at like 2800rpms...

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    bruce vs. the shadow. . . hummm. .. . bruces mods are inferior lol

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

Gonna be a good run. im stoked about it. either way, its all good bruce is a cool dude

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    Gonna be a good run. im stoked about it. either way, its all good bruce is a gay dude
    yeah it should be a blast. .. too bad im a sucker and have to work

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

My bet is on you winning. He's lost a bunch of torque using the RBC on the K24a2 so the motor is probably making approx the same torque as you now with less top end.

Congrats on the win.

I would like to hear how is plays out in each gear. I too have the K24a2 and 5 speed but with an RBB.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip_Angle View Post
    My bet is on you winning. He's lost a bunch of torque using the RBC on the K24a2 so the motor is probably making approx the same torque as you now with less top end.

Congrats on the win.

I would like to hear how is plays out in each gear. I too have the K24a2 and 5 speed but with an RBB.
    I'd like to see you two race, RBC vs. RBB. Help me decide which to put on my k24.

Shadow have someone vid. Hopefully someone can vid all the races.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    I'd like to see you two race, RBC vs. RBB. Help me decide which to put on my k24.

Shadow have someone vid. Hopefully someone can vid all the races.
    Well, it's proven that if your K24 is relatively stock IE: No aftermarket cams or internal changes, just IHE and even 45 VTC, then the RBC is going to net you 2-3 hp up top and lose torque/power everywhere else... See the links below for proof.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27207

http://www.hondata.com/tuning_the_tsx.html

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31421
    Last edited by Slip_Angle; 08-22-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information