Close

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    At this point it's gunna cost ya no matter what. Get the car back to your place, tear the motor out, put a new one in, and find out why the old blew.

Jeri Lee is hot!! supercivician's Avatar
    the guy at the shop keep asking the tuner what boost he was at for every run. he said 10psi. it made 5 runs before it blew

i'm sure he is gunna say 10 if he screwed up and ran 25. It covers his ass.

pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    At this point it's gunna cost ya no matter what. Get the car back to your place, tear the motor out, put a new one in, and find out why the old blew.
    if he knew how to install the kit he would have put it on himself! what make you think he going to know how to tear it apart and find out whats wrong with it!

look fight this shit! what do you have to lose? dont lay down n say o well damn maybe next time! fuckin make that tuning dudes next 3 paychecks come to you! look into that shit! if your meter said 25 psi then maybe it was! theres some shady ass muthafuckas out there! maybe it was his first time tuning! man! im furious for you! thats an ignorant tuner no dought about it! they installed it n they tuned it! plus they didnt give you any warning either! fuck that! fight it buddy! where theres a will theres a way! they GOT TO PAY FOR SOMETHING! at least towing! how many turboed kpro tunes have they ever done? thats some bitchassness right there!

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    if he knew how to install the kit he would have put it on himself! what make you think he going to know how to tear it apart and find out whats wrong with it!
    Well then it's a good time to learn, Whats he have to lose? Any time you take your car somewere and have that much done do it do your research about who is going to do the work. Bottom line is you should never do heavy kind of mods to your only car and dd. He should have never sold the bike to get a trubo. If you don't have the cash to play a game like this then when things go bad be ready for it. I feel very bad for him but shit happens. Your right go after them, what do you have to lose. If they are a good shop they should work with you. I hope your get this solved.

First off, Get a laptop, download the Current kpro calibration thats on your car, for a major faluire like that, a bunch of stuff could have gone wrong, lack of oil + high boost + poor tune = BOOM. Im sorry to hear about this, most shops are not lieable for blown motors, I would not have paid for the dyno time if your motor blew by another tuner from there recomendation.

was the motor stock k24?

Take pictures of the engine too please, post up the oil pan area, and if you can get under the car (safely) and take pics of the block under the turbo.

he had an k20a2.

he had an k20a2.
    K20A3

THEY TOLD I SHOULD GET A K20A2 NOW SINCE IT BLEW

Guadian Is Offering Me The K20a3...should I Go That Way. Just Do The Swap And Get It Tune Somewhere Else? Or Upgrade The Internals?

I THINK IT'S CHEAPER TO GO THAT ROUTE W/ K20A3

OH THE SHOP SAID THEY HAVE A K20A2 MOTOR SHORT BLOCK FOR 3500 WITH 35000 MILES OR 96000 FOR 2400

Quote Originally Posted by supercivician View Post
    well guys the turbo is in and i took some pics. but during the tuning process, my motor blew. now i need to spend another 4Gs to get a new k20a2 motor.

your opinion guys??

ill put some pics up later tonight
    Here you implied you had an a2

If your broke how do you plan on upgrading the Internals? Just get a k24a1 and have it tuned again by a good tuner. The k24 will handle boost much better then the a3.

K20A2 MOTOR SHORT BLOCK FOR 3500 WITH 35000 MILES OR 96000 FOR 2400
    Tell them to go to hell, that's crazy.
    Last edited by clutch797; 05-02-2008 at 05:17 PM.

get the A3.

screw the shop. do not spend another dime there.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

Here you implied you had an a2

If your broke how do you plan on upgrading the Internals? Just get a k24a1 and have it tuned again by a good tuner. The k24 will handle boost much better then the a3.

Tell them to go to hell, that's crazy.
    if guadian is selling the k20a3 for 3 times or may be 4 times less cost of a k24a1, i can probably save couple of grand.

what i mean before is my motor blew and now the shop is telling me it's going to cost about 4G for k20a2 to install and get

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhatch03 View Post
    get the A3.

screw the shop. do not spend another dime there.

that's what im thinking but i gotta find out what was wrong with the motor first and what actually blew. so when i get another a3 i can upgrade those parts. and bring it to evans or another shop.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information