Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shouldn't the flywheel always be resurfaced when installing a new clutch?

I'm pretty sure the clutch manufacturer recommends it. Is Honda/Helms suggesting you get a new flywheel every time you replace a clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    Shouldn't the flywheel always be resurfaced when installing a new clutch?

I'm pretty sure the clutch manufacturer recommends it. Is Honda/Helms suggesting you get a new flywheel every time you replace a clutch?
    no the honda manual doesnt say replace the flywheel, it says to check the thickness for excessive wear, if below a certain thickness it is considered "unsafe" and should be replaced...similiar to brake disks...

when i did my clutch the flywheel was easily still within specs and it has 95k on it...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    those sprung clutch disks looks identical to the oem one i just put in, including that brand logo...from what i understand exedy is an oem supplier anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by D3xn2o View Post
    Indeed they are for most companies
    Exedy/Daikin makes the majority of OEM clutches as well as probably 90% of the aftermarket.

The Helms manual states to check the thickness of the flywheel and surface deflection, it also states that the flywheel CANNOT be turned, it must be replaced. The reason for this is the same as to why the aftermarket clutches have issues, their short installed height.

But I have turned many a Kseries flywheel and simply installed a shim/washer under the pivot ball
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

I have a Competetion Stg2 and a resurfaced a2 fly for my build. Should I install the washer if the fly is still in spec? How bout if its undersize?

what if you get the stage 4 CC clutch and fly would you sitll have to add the washer or is it good when you have both?

Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    I have a Competetion Stg2 and a resurfaced a2 fly for my build. Should I install the washer if the fly is still in spec? How bout if its undersize?

A resurfaced fly will not be within spec, any wear or resurfacing will put the fly out of spec, they are considered a replaceble part just like the rear brake rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by jones02 View Post
    what if you get the stage 4 CC clutch and fly would you sitll have to add the washer or is it good when you have both?
    You will need to try the clutch pedal, if the engagement point is close to the floor a washer is needed.(this can be checked prior to install)
    Last edited by talonXracer; 03-28-2011 at 06:53 AM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

This has to be done with the tranny out eh?

I'm getting an ACT flywheel with a stage 3 pressure plate. Will I need to get the shop to do this before completing the install? Or will it be fine since the flywheel is not resurfaced.
    Last edited by rd02SiR; 06-08-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information