Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Barrys got a greddy kit, maybe he will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by squeak04si View Post
    greddy kit on a k24a1 right? should spool very fast, like 3500. did you use the k24a1 exhuast manifold gasket or the a3 one? you ned to run the k24 one to match the ports in the head since they are bigger than the ports in the a3 head.

the turbo is building bost but not making any power is a good sign of bad turbo or boost/vaccuum leaks.
    It's actually a t3/t4 garret a/r 63 a/r 50, but i'm thinking about putting the greddy kit and seeing if it runs better, I'll pull the manifold off and check the gasket though. Maybe thats what I did, but I'm pretty sure I ran the a1 gasket.
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbs02si View Post
    Barrys got a greddy kit, maybe he will chime in.
    Thanks guys for the help.

ephatch member
    dont use the stock motor mounts....they wont handle the torque fromthe k24.

sounds like an exhaust leak...replace the manifold gasket with a k24 one, and get new bolts, even if they are tight, they could be too long and be bottoming out. when i lost a lot of power i checked the manifold bolts, and 1 was missing, 2 were loose, and 1 was stripped, it made a huge difference in power, but it still boosted and all.

also, make sure the wastegate has a gasket on it, they leak without them.

where are u located?

adam

Quote Originally Posted by sidriverep3 View Post
    dont use the stock motor mounts....they wont handle the torque fromthe k24.

sounds like an exhaust leak...replace the manifold gasket with a k24 one, and get new bolts, even if they are tight, they could be too long and be bottoming out. when i lost a lot of power i checked the manifold bolts, and 1 was missing, 2 were loose, and 1 was stripped, it made a huge difference in power, but it still boosted and all.

also, make sure the wastegate has a gasket on it, they leak without them.

where are u located?

adam
    Alright I'll leave the enjo's, good point. Just I haven't felt any torque yet. I'll take the entire turbo off today and replace the gaskets cause I think your probably right. I'm getting alot of exhaust like noise in the engine bay but I just can't tell if thats just the way it sounds or what. i think it may be the waste gate but I'm sure I put a gasket in it. I'm in Mt. Clemens Michigan, detroit area.

GOOD LUCK MAN! i wanna see this thing in action!

That turbo should be spooling to full boost at 2500rpms at the latest.

Found a leak where the down pipe and testpipe meet, I don't think it was bad but could this have an effect on anything since it's way past the turbo? All the other gaskets were tight, I might just throw the greddy kit on and see how it runs.

how much boost are you runing?

looks like @ 8psi your running 10~ 13 degrees of ignition, if you can raise that to 15 that would help, if the motor respones with out knocking.

if your using the k24A1 why is your Vtec set to 4700?
    Turn on your 02 sensors if you have them installed.
    Is the car jerking under part thottle?

you can take out the 17.2 in the 2nd gear comenstation

Quote Originally Posted by Jpax View Post
    how much boost are you runing?

looks like @ 8psi your running 10~ 13 degrees of ignition, if you can raise that to 15 that would help, if the motor respones with out knocking.

if your using the k24A1 why is your Vtec set to 4700?
    Turn on your 02 sensors if you have them installed.
    Is the car jerking under part thottle?

you can take out the 17.2 in the 2nd gear comenstation
    Ok I'll switch the timing and datalog, yeah the shop I sent it too set the vtec to 4800 which I changed already. Looks like he attempted to tune the fuel in closed loop as well, ugg. The secondary o2 was turned off because we installed a wideband. Yeah and the car jerks bad during part throttle.
    I'll disable the gear compensation as well,
    Thanks for your help jpax.

Got the downpipe leak fixed and instantly saw more power, I don't know how that works but that may have been it. I'm gonna post a Datalog and the version of davis's kal I'm using as soon as I can. Before I fixed the exhaust leak I was running 11.45 wot my afc was 12.45 so I know I'm running real rich pretty much everywhere. What would be the best way to eliminate that?

I knew it was a exhaust leak close to the turbo. So where was the leak at and how bad was it?

I knew it was a exhaust leak close to the turbo. So where was the leak at and how bad was it?
    Well it was at the donut gasket on the test pipe, I could feel it on my hand at idle. I assume it was alot worse when I was on the gas. Pretty far from the turbo but before the 02 sensors. Maybe it was screwing things up with my a/f. I don't know but the car feels better. I noticed that the Enjo motor mounts keep the wheels from spinning quite well. I think that turbo spools up closer to 3500rpms as far as I can tell. I'd like to hear an opinion on removing my RBC, it doesn't seem to be an advantage in running one on this setup.

yea that turbo should spool around 3500rpms....sound right...and as far as the rbc. it should help if its tuned to ur car.

I would think on a k24 you would spool sooner than that but the RBC may be giving you some lag. The RBC is prolly helping but I don't think you will see the full benefits of it unless you rev high.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    yea that turbo should spool around 3500rpms....sound right...and as far as the rbc. it should help if its tuned to ur car.
    Ok cool, I'd like too know what changes you need to make too tune the rbc. I searched it for a few last night and didn't get much besides adding fuel.
    I would think on a k24 you would spool sooner than that but the RBC may be giving you some lag. The RBC is prolly helping but I don't think you will see the full benefits of it unless you rev high.
    Yeah I think I'm getting some lag from the rbc cause it seems like it's taking forever to spool. Of course I'm used to the superquick spool greddy turbo though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information