Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    here ya go bro. Let me know if you still want that turbo.
    Last edited by clutch797; 05-14-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Here is the Kal I'm using and a short d/l of normal driving. When I come to a stop under normal driving the car stalls and when I go to drive off from a stop it hesitates and wants to stall. Not really sure if I should be pulling fuel but it appears that i'm running really rich.
    Attached Files Attached Files

did you try my map?

I'm still shocked your turbo is spooling soooo slowly. On the a3 my turbo spooled to 10lbs at 3k and on the k24 it almost spooled to 10lbs by 2100. The a3 had the greddy and the k24 had a bigger turbo than yours....WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    did you try my map?
    No, I decided to put the big turbo on and try to work it out, turned out it was a pretty big exhaust leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I'm still shocked your turbo is spooling soooo slowly. On the a3 my turbo spooled to 10lbs at 3k and on the k24 it almost spooled to 10lbs by 2100. The a3 had the greddy and the k24 had a bigger turbo than yours....WTF?
    If you look at the datalog the turbo is spooling up now quite well now after the exhaust leak fix, I can't believe the difference. I'm sure that was the major problem. My fuel is way rich though and it's stalling out when I let off or coast to a light. I wanted to do a wot run but it's rainy out and I don't want to end up in a ditch. afcd is 12.46 and my actual a/f is like 11.40. I was gonna tune by lamda overlay but it looks like the whole map is off. Probably cause of the walbro and the 750's. Can anyone give me a rough idea of were to put my overall fuel trim at?

spooling can also have to do with having a boost controller or not and the tune. if he is running way rich with very little timing then its not gonna be very responsive. i suggest try to get it dyno tuned asap.

oh and get rid of that megan test pipe. when i first put my turbo kit on i had a megan test pipe but then i took it off and had a straight pipe welding in and i noticed a nice difference.

Quote Originally Posted by squeak04si View Post
    spooling can also have to do with having a boost controller or not and the tune. if he is running way rich with very little timing then its not gonna be very responsive. i suggest try to get it dyno tuned asap.
    True dat

True dat
    its ok. you are just slipping since you sold your ep and bought a drop top lmao. my brother is buy a mr s real soon and doing either a 2zz swap or turbo. he already has a matrix xrs so we already have the 2zz hehe

ok, so I'm working with your map davis. And my idle s.trim was upwards of 20%, by adding tremendous amounts of fuel I have gotten it to idle at 14.3 from 900-1500rpms. I smoothed the map by adding lesser amounts of fuel to the columns 1 and 2 and 5and 6. Seems to idle in open loop quite well now.

Question, would the next step be to datalog cruising between columns 1-7 and target 14.7? If I'm editing all tables will the high speed fuel adjust as well?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information