Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a2 jrsc in ep

ephatch member

a2 jrsc in ep

what do i need to do to fit the type s jrsc in the ep i have searched and couldn't find anything

ur gona need to do a decent amount of work. like notch the front rad support.....for starters...ur better off gettin an ep s/c. its all the same just fits a hell of a lot better...but im guessin u already have the dc-5 s/c?

ephatch member
    doesn't the dc5 one give more power thats why it can run a smaller pulley so just the radiator support i thought there was more to it like the power steering??

nope, the chargers are the same. its just the manifolds that are a different design. u can run smaller pullies like 3.2" = 9psi on the ep charger just fine. and the ep doesn't have "power steering", its EPS (electronic power steering)

ephatch member
    i thought the smaller pulleys out revs the ep charger thats why u cant run a type s crank pulley on an ep charger cuz it out revs it and could damage it and thats why the ep has a larger crank pulley ??

nope, the charers are exactly the same. same internals, everything. u just need a different size belt than an a3 would run would the s/c. since the a2 crank is smaller. thats it. there is a member on here with a k20a and it was s/c (he took it off for personal reasons) but it was runnin like 9psi (3.2" pulley) ran good too!

here is his car, keep in mind that its un-tuned....he should be trappin 110mph and be in the high 12's if it was tuned

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43383

Quote Originally Posted by rusty#1 View Post
    doesn't the dc5 one give more power thats why it can run a smaller pulley so just the radiator support i thought there was more to it like the power steering??
    no its just the way its designed. the ep one will fit and you can get the pulley boys pulley whichever one you want. the a2 can handle the smaller pulleys whereas the a3 can go to a 3.8" max before needing an intercooler/aftercooler.

ephatch member
    so both superchargers would make the same power?

ephatch member
    what would happen if i ran the smaller crank thats on the type s with the ep jrsc it would cause damage to the ep charger right

so both superchargers would make the same power?
    Supposedly the RSX-s supercharger manifold flows a little better, and might make a little more power. Nobody that I am aware of has done back to back dynos so nobody knows for sure. Even if it does flow better which I don't doubt, I doubt the A3 head can take advantage of that better flow.

what would happen if i ran the smaller crank thats on the type s with the ep jrsc it would cause damage to the ep charger right
    Wrong. No damage to the ep blower. What would happen is that you would make less boost, and so less power if that was the only thing you changed.

I would have to check on the issue of the K20A3 having a smaller crank pulley than the K20A2. I thought they ran the same crank pulley's, and that the differences were the JDM K20A runs a smaller one, and the K24's run a larger one. I've not had them side by side and measured them myself so I'm not sure.

im pretty sure the a2 and the a3 crank pulies are different sizes. thats one of the reasons i didnt put the jrsc on my a2. couldnt find a belt size cause my crank pulley is different than an a3

ephatch member
    what if u get a P&p do you think that u will see more power from the a2 charger then with the ep charger hey guys do u kno whats the smallest pulley on a a2 charger i kno for the ep is 3.7

there is a 3" pulley that = 11psi, but seriosuly, ITS NOT worth gettin the a2 s/c. way too much work to make it fit and u really won't gain ANYTHING over an ep s/c

what if u get a P&p do you think that u will see more power from the a2 charger then with the ep charger hey guys do u kno whats the smallest pulley on a a2 charger i kno for the ep is 3.7
    I think you are getting confused on where the difference is so please repeat after me. The charger is the same, the charger is the same, the charger is the same.

Seriously though, both the RSX-s, and the EP3 us the Eaton M62 blower assembly. What allows the RSX-s to run smaller pulleys and to make more power is that the head on the RSX-s flows better, it is running higher compression pistons so it starts out making more power. The difference is not in the charger, the difference is in the motor.

first of all, a 3.2" pulley on the jrsc setup in an ep3 = boom
    3.8" pulley in the ep3 gets you 9-10 psi and the 3.7" gets 10-11 psi.

second, the blowers are identical. it is the intake mani that comes with the blower that is different. the rsx intake actually has decent runners which ours lack. it is a more efficient setup and produces a little more power, but i do not see it worth cutting my radiator support.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information