Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problems reinstalling strut assembly!

My car is lowered on Tokico blues and H&R springs. My dad help me the first time, but we didn't line the passenger side strut up right so it was making clunking sounds. Well, I rode like that for a while and finally got tired of it and tried to fix it today. I got the strut off fine, proceeded to line it up and all that jazz. Now, here is where the problem lies. I got the bolts in the top, and went to put the bolts in the bottom and its not lined up. I remember my dad and I had trouble before, but somehow we got it on. I'm by myself though and I don't know what to do! I tried using the compressor spring, but it didn't look like it was helping much. I tried placing the factory jack(the only one I have) under it and jacking it up, but it only pushes it away. What's a guy to do?!?!?

tighten the top 3 bolts hand tight first to support the assembly. The proceed to move the brake assembly up until you can see the holes line up, stick a long screwdriver in the top hole to hold it in place. Then start the lower bolt, after it is started, start the top of the 2 bolts, then tighten everything.

Good luck and take your time, don't panic, and drink beer and cuss as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkDeathSi View Post
    tighten the top 3 bolts hand tight first to support the assembly. The proceed to move the brake assembly up until you can see the holes line up, stick a long screwdriver in the top hole to hold it in place. Then start the lower bolt, after it is started, start the top of the 2 bolts, then tighten everything.

Good luck and take your time, don't panic, and drink beer and cuss as needed.
    I may use that later. But, the problem is the strut is way too far down. I've tried everything I can think of(at least for tonight) and it won't cooperate with me.

Is the bottom of the strut touching the rubber piece on the axle?

广州本田
    ok it should line up no matter what, unless your axle slipped out which causes the hub to fall outward, is that the problem?

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post
    ok it should line up no matter what, unless your axle slipped out which causes the hub to fall outward, is that the problem?
    I think this is his problem. I had the same problem over the weekend, just have to push it real hard and somehow mine came back into place.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Sounds like your axle popped out. If you have a bit of strength and a good ear you'll have it back in in no time. I usually lift it up and in with a L/R spin. Works every time...
    Mel

Yea, it's sitting on the boot on the axle. The axle did pop out, but I popped it back and still no go.

Gotcha. I had something similar happen once. What are you using for a jack point and where are your jack stands?
    Mel

A friend & I have found the best way to get the axle in is listening for it to "click" into place & then giving the brake assembly a good shove. Everything should line up afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    Gotcha. I had something similar happen once. What are you using for a jack point and where are your jack stands?
    I have one jack stand holding the car up. I tried jacking it up on the steering arm, but it seems to move the whole assembly away from where I want it, instead of up.

Is your jack stand on the OEM jack point?
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    Is your jack stand on the OEM jack point?
    yes

Try compressing the spring first. Align the bottom hole of the assembly first and only insert one bolt (allow for play). Get one or 2 of the top hat nuts in loosely and then use a screw driver (as previously mentioned) to align the last hole in the assembly.
    Mel

Ok, I'm gonna try that. I think that was my problem last night. I didn't leave the bolts on the top hat loose. Thanks for the help. I'll let you guys know in a few hours if I got it lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information