Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hey Talon does this sound familiar! LOL!

Yeah guys i have had an OBX LSD installed in my car for going on over 1.5 years. As my bro Falcon7 has said i have racked roughly 65,000 mlies on it and it's working just as good as the day i had it put in. Grabs on tightly and pulls the 2,640lb beast through the corners. I attend most auto-x and track days within a couple hundred miles of Milwaukee, and i am doing quite well!

Now i know some of you may be thinking, "WOW! 65k in 1.5 years.... YEAH RIGHT!", however it's true. As many members on this site can attest my craziness. Last year i drove to Dallas/Ft. Worth just to attend a meet, as you can see i live in Wisconsin! LOL! I used to have a girlfriend that lived in Oklahoma that i drove down to see every month... So i can get quite defensive when people talk sh*t about something they have no clue about.

I have heard it all! "Why cheap out and risk your trans?", "It's going to grenade your trans!", "OBX is garbage", and my personal all time favorite! The guy that knows some guy that knew another guy that installed an OBX LSD in their car and had it completely f*ck their trans.

Now when i hear these stories about the friend that knows a friend who had it installed. First thing i'll ask is, well who installed it? Are you sure it wasn't because he installed it improper? Did he check bearing clearances? Etc....

But for all of you who are looking for a cheap Limited Slip Differential, i strongly recommend the OBX. Taking it apart to ensure it's been assembled correctly takes 15 minutes. I think 15 minutes worth of work is definitely worht saving over $600 that you would have paid on a Quaife unit! You can find DIY's all over Honda-Tech and K20a.org to help assist you through the 15 minute process!

LSD = Faster Times and More Control

Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
    dont forget

LSD = SEXXXXXXXXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Fico View Post
    dont forget

LSD = SEXXXXXXXXXX
    :thumb:

Makin it rain
    now where would find obx lsd? on our local site i saw some k stuff come across for once (nebraska) and some guy has: 2004 k20a2 6 speed tranny, OBX lsd, DC5R final drive, suja1 clutch line

= $1000obo

any advice?

i got mine on ebay for 425bux

Makin it rain
    Quote Originally Posted by Fico View Post
    i got mine on ebay for 425bux
    ok. i just saw the quaife is 995 new and obx is ballpark 4-500 with just a 15 minute check up on it before install and you got lsd? so if i wanted to get the 6 speed, what do you think i should pay for the 04 rsx s obx lsd tranny?
    Last edited by shortstop; 05-19-2008 at 09:31 PM. Reason: wrong information

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    ok. i just saw the quaife is 995 new and obx is ballpark 4-500 with just a 15 minute check up on it before install and you got lsd? so if i wanted to get the 6 speed, what do you think i should pay for the 04 rsx s obx lsd tranny?
    i have no clue i got mine for a favor

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    that a2 tranny w/ lsd seems like a really good deal to me (if he did properly rebuilt the OBX LSD). LSD plus labor to install it is quite a bit of money. $750-$900 would be a good deal, anything less than that would be a steal

I paid $600 to have my LSD/Stage1 Clutch/Flywheel installed.

Quote Originally Posted by 04cvcsi View Post
    that a2 tranny w/ lsd seems like a really good deal to me (if he did properly rebuilt the OBX LSD). LSD plus labor to install it is quite a bit of money. $750-$900 would be a good deal, anything less than that would be a steal
    i have heard of the stock lsd's blowing up around 300whp

That i have heard as well. OEM Honda diffs were only good at numbers under 300HP. I have heard of cars with over 300HP using ITR diffs, but they didn't last long.

now im past 4k miles on it still running good

sick.... how much did you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
    Hey Talon does this sound familiar! LOL!

Yeah guys i have had an OBX LSD installed in my car for going on over 1.5 years. As my bro Falcon7 has said i have racked roughly 65,000 mlies on it and it's working just as good as the day i had it put in. Grabs on tightly and pulls the 2,640lb beast through the corners. I attend most auto-x and track days within a couple hundred miles of Milwaukee, and i am doing quite well!

Now i know some of you may be thinking, "WOW! 65k in 1.5 years.... YEAH RIGHT!", however it's true. As many members on this site can attest my craziness. Last year i drove to Dallas/Ft. Worth just to attend a meet, as you can see i live in Wisconsin! LOL! I used to have a girlfriend that lived in Oklahoma that i drove down to see every month... So i can get quite defensive when people talk sh*t about something they have no clue about.

I have heard it all! "Why cheap out and risk your trans?", "It's going to grenade your trans!", "OBX is garbage", and my personal all time favorite! The guy that knows some guy that knew another guy that installed an OBX LSD in their car and had it completely f*ck their trans.

Now when i hear these stories about the friend that knows a friend who had it installed. First thing i'll ask is, well who installed it? Are you sure it wasn't because he installed it improper? Did he check bearing clearances? Etc....

But for all of you who are looking for a cheap Limited Slip Differential, i strongly recommend the OBX. Taking it apart to ensure it's been assembled correctly takes 15 minutes. I think 15 minutes worth of work is definitely worht saving over $600 that you would have paid on a Quaife unit! You can find DIY's all over Honda-Tech and K20a.org to help assist you through the 15 minute process!

This guy really is a driving fool! I'm glad you decided to make the extra trek to the dfw area. It was nice meeting an ep owner that I hadn't already met 50 times. haha.

im at 6k now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information