Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tq steers not that bad unless you have a lsd

ephatch member
    300wtq!!! wow!!!!

I love my k24a1. I get better gas mileage then my k20a3 but i think thats b/c i street tuned it. On avg. i get 24-28mpg with rc550's all round so i'm happy. The tq steer is not that bad so don't worry about that. Now when i was boosted, yea, tq steer was a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    I love my k24a1. I get better gas mileage then my k20a3 but i think thats b/c i street tuned it. On avg. i get 24-28mpg with rc550's all round so i'm happy. The tq steer is not that bad so don't worry about that. Now when i was boosted, yea, tq steer was a bitch.
    thanks clutch! that's exactly the answer i was looking for.

BTW, how much TQ are you making on the k24a1?

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I was kinda joking. I was running right at 300wtq, punching the gas and trying to change lanes was damn near impossible...cool but somewhat dangerous if you are not carefull. Tq steer can change lanes for you, litterally if you don't a atleat one hand FIRMLY on the wheel.
    300wtq!

DAYUM!

talk about overkill on a hatchback...i'm guessing you're boosted...

does anyone have a clue as to what amount of TQ would exhibit "unsafe" TQ steer?

Quote Originally Posted by K-Shark View Post
    300wtq!

DAYUM!

talk about overkill on a hatchback...i'm guessing you're boosted...

does anyone have a clue as to what amount of TQ would exhibit "unsafe" TQ steer?
    when you only have 1 wheel drive you dont get much tq steer at all. last time i went to the track on street tires i almost got put into the wall with a quaife and 321wtq

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    when you only have 1 wheel drive you dont get much tq steer at all. last time i went to the track on street tires i almost got put into the wall with a quaife and 321wtq
    ^He is right. However you still get some tq steer without a lsd just not as bad on the launch since you just spin the one tire. I can tell you I DID NOT LIKE stomping the gas trying to change lanes @80 or so. Its just fucking scary.lol.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    That mileage does not sound to bad for the extra torque that's with k pro right? does that 30 ftlbs really make it that much more fun to drive? If i do the six speed i have to swap to kpro don't i, i can't use the stock ep3 ecu with the 310cc injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by sloweredcivic View Post
    That mileage does not sound to bad for the extra torque that's with k pro right? does that 30 ftlbs really make it that much more fun to drive? If i do the six speed i have to swap to kpro don't i, i can't use the stock ep3 ecu with the 310cc injectors?
    You don't HAVE to get Kpro with the K24a1 swap but you will need 310 (Type-S) injectors to run on the stock ECU which is currently what im doing, but iv run into a running lean issue so I will be getting Kpro within the next week. The torque is REALLY noticeably different and not to mention the VTec is stronger, specially in 3rd :scared:

Also I do 90% city driving and I average 23-27 mpg with the K24a1. About the same as my K20a3. Im sure with KPro and a good tuning it'll increase.

i was asking about the six speed swap for some reason i think i read the a3 ecu won't work with the 6 speed

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Si757 View Post
    You don't HAVE to get Kpro with the K24a1 swap but you will need 310 (Type-S) injectors to run on the stock ECU which is currently what im doing, but iv run into a running lean issue so I will be getting Kpro within the next week. The torque is REALLY noticeably different and not to mention the VTec is stronger, specially in 3rd :scared:
    not bashing you, but I am positive that your k24a1 does not have a vtec kick. The only way is if you have an a2 head and k-pro. But since you said you are using the stock ecu I am guessing it's all k24.

Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    from i read this motor has the best flowing head up to like 7300rpm? k2a2 takes over after. i don't need to rev that high, thats why i wanted a bigger motor. more TQ down low. i want to be able to get were i want at 5000rpm instead of 8000 rpm. i just like it better lol.

bottom line for me is all the mods from my a3 work way better and give much better results and i have a higher max power ceiling with stock internals from what im told.

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    not bashing you, but I am positive that your k24a1 does not have a vtec kick. The only way is if you have an a2 head and k-pro. But since you said you are using the stock ecu I am guessing it's all k24.
    Never said anything about a VTec kick lol, and the power in the VTec range is way more noticable then the K20a3.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    It is going to get prob 2 to 3 mpg worse than you are getting now.

lol. Tq steer is a blessing.hehe.
    tq steer from a honda......unheard of.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information