Close

ephatch member

k20 or k24 with greddy boost kit

i have a k20a2 with the greddy type S boost kit t517R looking to swap the motor out. Im not really putting money in, gonna be trading the motor at a shop but the motor needs to come out for a reason which is why Im doing the swap in the first place. So I can get a k20 motor or a k24, any suggestions on what I should do with the least modification? So ignoring the price since I wont really be putting anything in here are my choices
    its going to be a daily driver and it will probably be boosting at 9psi and my current setup is

kpro
    t517z type S turbo kit
    440cc injectors
    titanium downpipe > exhaust > muffler from the turbo manifold

I am probably looking at

k24A1 with a k20a2 head and have that boosted but what are some engine mix and match would you guys suggest. the problem with the doing a k24 block is might have issues with using the downpipe from the custom titanium exhaust which is gonna be a hassle

Yes the exhaust might need a little fabbing not much seriously. If you boost a k24 w/ an a2 head @ 9lbs you are gonna blow the internals of your turbo right down your downpipeIn all reality though the greddy turbo was not designed to go over 300whp so keep that in mind.

Thread Information