Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A3 Cams In K24a1

In the sticky for common k24 questions it says that k20a3 cams can be used in a k24a1 what gain is there in this cam swap? As I have a complete k20a3 and k24a1. I did a search and yielded nothing has anyone tried this with success?

I'll edit the post to be more clear but what you were supposed to infer from that was that if you are looking for aftermarket cams to put in the a1 head then buy cams for the a3 and they will fit.

dont think youll get any gains from putting stock a3 cams in the k24a1 head. like he said aftermarket is where you gain.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    your better off putting the k24a1 head on stock on your a3 motor u will see gains because the k24a1 cams are better then a3 cams and i think the head flows better also.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL MotoR Ep3 View Post
    your better off putting the k24a1 head on stock on your a3 motor u will see gains because the k24a1 cams are better then a3 cams and i think the head flows better also.
    i dont think the cams are better. the head is better flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
    i dont think the cams are better. the head is better flowing.
    Arent the lobes on K24 cams bigger then K20a3 cam lobes???????

Quote Originally Posted by ALL MotoR Ep3 View Post
    Arent the lobes on K24 cams bigger then K20a3 cam lobes???????
    dont think so.

well i just compared the 2 but its not fair because i have stage 2 a3 cams and they are way bigger than the k24a1 stock cams.
    Last edited by kprocivic; 05-06-2008 at 02:58 PM.

I could swear that the k24a1 cams and the k20a3 cams are exactly the same.

a3 cams

It didn't make any sense that the a3 cams would yield anygains but you never know. Thanks for the quick replies I am looking at doing some after market cams anyway probably crower.

The K24A1 and K20A3 do use different cams. But they are interchangeble and have slightly different cam profiles. And you would have to use Kpro to see any differences I would think.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 05-06-2008 at 03:19 PM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    The K24A1 and K20A3 do use different cams. But they are interchangeble and have slightly different cam profiles. And you would have to use Kpro to see any differences I would think.
    I agree...........KPRO does make a big difference......even on a stock motor w/ no bolt-ons or modifications

2008 Mercedes C350
    who wants k24a1 cams?? I have a set in my trunk and gladly give it away. Just pay shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    which would yield better performance? the K20A3 cams or the K24A1 cams?

>sigh<

This is a debatable subject. One OEM Honda website lists the k20a3 and the k24a1 cams as the same part #'s. Another does not. Which is right? I have both cams, both looked identical... the entire 02-05 SI (k20a3) rocker assembly AND cams are interchangeable into the k24a1 head, as well as the cams by themselves. Accord cams are useable as well in EITHER head. Check the BC webbie for info, they give stock cam information against their own cams... interestingly enough... they combine the k20a3/k24a1/4 together. The k24a1 is basically an OEM "stroker engine" when compared to the k20a3. The engines are VERY similar and A LOT of parts are interchangeable... as far as performance gains of the SI cams over the CRV cams.. i dont know... as far as OEM cams go... i have run the SI cams and not the CRV cams in the k24.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeguyoon View Post
    who wants k24a1 cams?? I have a set in my trunk and gladly give it away. Just pay shipping.
    you can send them to me and i can weld them and my a3 cams to a pressure plate and make a stool for the garage..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information