Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dont half ass it solder your connections, and dont touch the factory wire harness buy the adapter that plugs into it. Its not hard, a trained monkey could do it.

w00t for redheads! NitroBoarder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Oh, Oh, Oh, and don't forget that although we don't have a power antenna in a sense that we are used to it still needs to be hooked up! Our antenna is amplified and does require +12V at the harness, and that's one thing that got lost in the crash that I need to re-look-up, and I'm on my Linux machine now and don't have it handy Without the power going to the antenna housing the reception suxorz.

One big "Doh" on my part at first
    good thing I read this...I didn't hook mine up b/c it's not really a power antenna. I don't listen to the radio, so I haven't noticed it. and yea, solder your freaking connections, it takes like an extra 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Oh, Oh, Oh, and don't forget that although we don't have a power antenna in a sense that we are used to it still needs to be hooked up! Our antenna is amplified and does require +12V at the harness, and that's one thing that got lost in the crash that I need to re-look-up, and I'm on my Linux machine now and don't have it handy Without the power going to the antenna housing the reception suxorz.

One big "Doh" on my part at first

So how exactly does that get hooked up? I think that is my problem with poor reception.

Quote Originally Posted by hondacur View Post
    So how exactly does that get hooked up? I think that is my problem with poor reception.
    uuuhhmmmm, I need to look up that color code again. Some harnesses have the ant wire included, some don't. Did you buy a harness to go to the plug on the car's harness? If so did it have a power antenna wire?

Yellow wire with a green stripe in the radio harness... :D

Found it

thanks for the help!! Problem solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information